State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft and access device fraud occurred Sept. 2, 2013 and Sept. 5, 2013 on Main Street in Coalport Borough. During the incident, someone stole the victim’s debit Visa card from his unlocked vehicle. Then, they used it on two, separate occasions, which were at Sheetz in Holidaysburg for $61.60 and at the Coalport Mini-Mart for $63.01. The incident remains under investigation at this time; anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An accident occurred Friday at the intersection of state Route 53 and the Allport Cutoff in Morris Township. Further, a 17-year-old Morrisdale boy was traveling north and attempting to turn left onto the Allport Cutoff. However, he didn’t observe a vehicle operated by Aaron E. Bush, 33, which was traveling southbound on SR 53. Both vehicles struck each other in the southbound lane, causing heavy damage to both vehicles. No injuries were reported; both vehicles were towed from the scene.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of theft from a motor vehicle occurred Wednesday at the Johnsonburg Bi-Lo store in Ridgway Township. During the incident, the victim picked up the suspect(s) who were walking along the roadway. After dropping them off in the Wilcox area, the victim realized a number of items were missing from his vehicle. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- An incident of theft from a motor vehicle occurred sometime Wednesday or Thursday along Coal Hollow Road in Fox Township. During the incident, someone removed a case of beer and a pack of cigarettes from the first victim’s vehicle; an ignition key and an iPhone from the second victim’s vehicle; and a sweatshirt and bra from the third victim’s vehicle. All of the vehicles were left unsecured, the state police said, adding residents are reminded to remove valuable items and to lock their vehicles. The total loss is estimated at $266.50. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about careless driving in the area of Clark Street and Fire Tower Road.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle on Guelich Avenue.
- Police received an animal call on Willow Drive.
- Police received a report about an intoxicated male on Daisy Street Extension.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred in the area of South Second Street.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on the Shawville – Croft Highway. No injuries were reported.
- Police received a report about a disturbance that occurred between a male and female at a Spring Street address. Upon arrival police found there hadn’t been any physical contact, and the male was leaving the scene. The incident was handled at the scene.
- Police responded to a 9-1-1 hang-up call on Poplar Avenue. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Police received a report about an alleged sexual assault.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about an incident of theft at a residence in the 100 block of Grant Street. Further, the victim told police she had hundreds of dollars stolen from her residence. Police have a suspect, and the investigation is continuing at this time.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications. The victim told police that she was being harassed by a known female over Facebook. The investigation is continuing at this time, and charges are currently pending.
- On Wednesday, Penn State DuBois police were assisted with conducting a seatbelt awareness campaign. Officers from both departments spoke to drivers exiting the Penn State parking lot and distributed pamphlets to them.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about a drug violation in the 800 block of DuBois Street. Upon arrival police detected a strong odor of burnt marijuana in an apartment. While dealing with one tenant, police found drugs and paraphernalia on the male. He had multiple warrants out for his arrest, and he was taken to the Clearfield County Jail. He was also arrested for having illegal drugs.
- On Thursday, police received a report about a three-vehicle accident at the intersection of DuBois Street and Parkway Drive. Upon arrival police found the operator of a minivan was traveling north on DuBois Street upon entering the intersection. At that time, the operator proceeded through a red light, and their minivan was struck by a pick-up truck. Upon impact the minivan struck a stopped vehicle in the southbound lane of DuBois Street. All three vehicles were severely damaged and towed from the scene. Multiple traffic citations will be filed against the operator of the minivan.