State police at Clearfield
- A theft of a motor vehicle occurred Monday on Walnut Street in Curwensville. During the incident, someone stole the victim’s car, a 1992 Volvo 740 Series. State police recovered the car several blocks from the victim’s residence. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of theft of a motor vehicle occurred Sunday in the 100 block of Susquehanna Avenue in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, someone obtained keys to the victim’s vehicle from inside it and then drove it from the property and around the area. The vehicle, a white 2000 GMC Savana, was located in the area of George and Filbert streets. This incident, state police said, is believed to be connected with several other vehicle thefts in the area over the past month. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident on Daisy Street Extension.
- Police received a report about a possible missing person. However, police were cancelled while en route, as the person had been located.
- Police received a noise complaint on Montgomery Run Road.
- Police received a report about the theft of medication that occurred at a residence in Hyde.
- Police received a report that was deemed to be civil in nature.
- Police received a report about an alarm in the area of Sierra Lane. However, police were cancelled while en route to the scene.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred in the area of Reighard Street.
- Police assisted a motorist in the area of state Route 879 and Industrial Park Road.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with an incident of harassment/psychological emergency.
- Police received a report about suspicious persons in the area of Clarendon Avenue.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity in the area of Jacobson Hill.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft in the area of Lawrence Avenue.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Piney and Hogback roads. Further, police found the accident occurred in Pike Township; state police at Clearfield are continuing the investigation.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with attempting to serve an emergency Protection from Abuse order on a township resident.
- Police received a report about an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in Hyde. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police responded to a domestic dispute on Flegal Road. The incident was handled at the scene.
- On Monday, police received a report involving a male who was slumped over his steering wheel of his vehicle in the area of West weber Avenue and Wood Street. The male was identified as Matthew Silvis, who had warrants out for his arrest. He was also in possession of a controlled substance. Silvis was taken into custody and incarcerated on the warrant. Charges are currently pending for the drug violations.
- On Monday, police responded to the 100 block of North Main Street for a male who had a warrant out for his arrest. Upon arrival police identified the male as Casey Spade. He was wanted by Jefferson County Probation and taken into custody. Spade was transferred to Jefferson County Probation.
- On Monday, police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred at a business on North Main Street. Upon arrival police made contact with the male in question. Charges will be filed against the male.
- On Monday, police received a report about a disturbance at a residence on West Long Avenue. The victim told police that a known male struck him over the head with a boom box. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- During the week of March 16 through March 22, police investigated two traffic accidents and issued 30 traffic citations and 11 written traffic warnings.