State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft occurred sometime between Monday and Thursday at the Remedy, located on Hannah Street, in Houtzdale Borough. During the incident, someone entered the bathroom and removed a painting from the wall. The painting was of a man and woman on a motorcycle with a mountain background. The woman was a redhead wearing a tan-colored trench coat and sunglasses. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred March 16 in a wooded area off of Swank Road in Irvona Borough. During the incident, someone opened up a water valve at the Irvona Municipal Authority by unknown means. As a result, approximately 450,000 gallons of water was lost. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at Ridgway
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Monday on the Pittsburgh – Buffalo Highway in Horton Township. Charles J. Magnuson of Ridgway was traveling southbound when he crossed over into the northbound lane for unknown reasons. The Magnuson vehicle subsequently traveled into a ditch and continued south for approximately 200 yards before re-entering the roadway. His vehicle crossed back over the northbound lane and came to a rest along the berm of the southbound lane. Magnuson was cited for the accident.
- Police have initiated an investigation into an incident of identity theft and forgery. During the incident, someone obtained a bank loan using the victim’s information.
- On Wednesday, police contacted a victim about an alleged theft. The victim told police she was overcharged for a meal that she’d purchased in DuBois. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about an alarm at a business in the 800 block of Beaver Drive. Upon arrival police conducted a search and found the building secured.
- On Thursday, police responded to a North Main Street residence, where a woman stated a known male was threatening her. The woman didn’t want to pursue charges against the male at this time.
- On Thursday, police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief at Shower’s Field. Upon arrival police observed someone had sliced the wires to the scoreboard. Police collected evidence at the scene; the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Thursday, police received a report about an incident of harassment at a residence in the 100 block of East Washington Avenue. The victim told police that a known male arrived at the residence, kicked his door and threatened him. The male fled the scene prior to police arrival; the incident remains under investigation at this time.