CLEARFIELD – Lawrence Township Supervisor Ed Brown reminds residents the Phase III sewage construction project is “close to dirt flying time.” Those needing to must please call the township office to get easements signed and schedule the residential sewage inspections if they have not already done so.
After adjourning to executive session, Brown and Vice Chairman Dan Mitchell re-adjourned and approved an April 4 deadline for condemnations for property easements not completed for the sewage construction. Chairman Bill Lawhead was not present for the meeting.
Township Secretary/Treasurer Barb Shaffner noted there are about four or five permanent easements and approximately 45 temporary easements for lateral placements still pending.
The supervisors also approved authorizing redrawing of an easement on the Moore property on Country Club Circle once lateral sewage collection lines placement is more specifically determined.
The supervisors passed a corrected ordinance, as required by Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED), authorizing the proposed financing package from Clearfield Bank & Trust Company for the $3 million loan for the sewage project.
In other business, the supervisors:
- Set a public hearing for April 1 at 6:50 p.m. for a Conditional Use hearing for timbering on Kennedy Road.
- Approved to appoint James Davidson to the township’s Recreational Park Board.
- Approved to advertise for bid for 1,000 tons 2RC limestone.
- Approved to pay bills, totaling $93,853.60.
- Announced that notification was received from PennDOT that they will begin street-sweeping state roads in the township on April 7.