State police at Clearfield
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Wednesday or Thursday along Mutton Hollow Road in Bradford Township. During the incident, someone damaged the victim’s mailbox with a blunt object and then fled the scene. Damage is estimated at $20. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- No injuries were reported after a motor vehicle accident involving a Mack truck Thursday on McCartney Road in Jordan Township. Matthew S. Sopic of Grampian was stopped in the southbound lane in his Mack truck. At the time, Casey J. Freeman of Madera was also traveling southbound and failed to notice that Sopic had stopped. The Freeman vehicle subsequently struck the Sopic Mack truck. Both Sopic and Freeman were wearing their seatbelts; Freeman was cited for the accident.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Thursday along the Allport Cutoff in Bradford Township. Further, the operator of a pick-up truck was traveling eastbound when they lost control for unknown reasons. The truck traveled off the south berm and struck a ditch; after impact it continued traveling eastbound for about 20 feet. At that point, it struck a plastic post and a mailbox after which the operator stopped and exited the vehicle. The operator looked at the passenger’s side of their vehicle and then fled the scene eastbound on the Allport Cutoff. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- Police received a report about a theft incident on River Road.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle accident at the Rainbow 2 Car Wash on Fullerton Street.
- Police responded to a vehicle lockout.
- Police received a report about a civil matter.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about an alarm at Coyote Joe’s on West Long Avenue. Police found there was an issue with the alarm.
- On Thursday, police received a report about an alarm at Giant Eagle on North Main Street. Employees, police said, were located in the store and opening it for business.
- On Thursday, police received a report about a domestic dispute in the 100 block of East Weber Avenue. The dispute, police said, occurred between a father and his son over the theft of a bank card.