State police at Clearfield
- An incident of harassment occurred Saturday on Spruce Street in Bigler Township. During the incident, a 15-year-old juvenile punched the victim in the face. The juvenile has been charged with harassment.
State police at DuBois
- An incident of harassment occurred Saturday at a residence along East Main Street in Sykesville Borough. Further, a 39-year-old Sykesville man has been accused of striking the victim in the head during a marital dispute.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of theft occurred Feb. 12 at the Laundromat in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, the victim had her cellular phone taken from the Laundromat; the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- An incident of underage drinking occurred Sunday on North Second Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, state police detected a 17-year-old girl had been consuming alcohol. Further investigation revealed that an adult who resided there had purchased and furnished the alcohol to the girl. The girl was cited for underage drinking; charges are currently pending against the adult.
State police at Ridgway
- On Wednesday, state police arrived at a 29-year-old Wilcox man’s residence to interview him about an unrelated investigation. At that time, state police observed and seized various items of drug paraphernalia. The man was charged through the district court.
- Four passengers sustained minor injuries after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Saturday on state Route 948 in Jones Township. Charles M. Smith of Brockport was traveling southbound when sudden road conditions caused his vehicle to fishtail. Smith overcompensated by turning the opposite way and then his vehicle started to spin out of control. It subsequently struck a snow bank on the right berm and flipped onto its driver’s side before returning to its wheels. Smith and his four passengers were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the accident; his passengers sustained minor injuries. State police were assisted by Ridgway Ambulance, Ridgway Fire Police and the Ridgway and Jones Township fire departments.
- An incident of DUI occurred March 4 on Route 219 in Ridgway Township. During the incident, a 50-year-old Johnsonburg man was clocked by state police as traveling at 110 miles per hour. Upon investigation state police found he was DUI. The man was taken for blood testing; charges are currently pending blood test results.
- Police checked the welfare of a West Second Avenue resident who was without water and heat. Upon arrival police contacted their family who arrived to take custody of the resident.
- Police received a report about a possible protection from abuse violation. The incident was referred to another agency.
- Police responded to a report involving a juvenile who was causing problems along North Second Street. Upon arrival police resolved the incident at the scene.
- Police arrested a female for stealing a motor vehicle from a residence along Spruce Street. The vehicle then became disabled in Lawrence Township, at which point police located the stolen vehicle and the suspect. She was arrested and placed in the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police received a report about a male who threatened to harm himself and who left his residence on foot. Police located the male along Krebs Avenue and transported him to the hospital for a mental health evaluation.
- Police received a report about a landlord/tenant dispute. The individuals were advised it was a civil issue.
- Police responded to a domestic dispute between a mother and her daughter along Spruce Street. The incident was handled at the scene.
- Police responded to a report about suspicious activity. The caller stated that her car alarm had been activating; upon arrival police searched the area with negative results.
- Police conducted a traffic stop during which the operator was found with two active warrants and a small amount of marijuana. The male was placed in the CCJ on warrants; charges are being filed against him.
- Police located a male who appeared to be intoxicated. The male was transported home and then released.
- Police assisted with a reported fire along Third Street.
- Police responded to a report about suspicious activity at a business along Spruce Street. Police located a contracting company at the scene.
- Police received a report about a noise complaint at a residence along Daisy Street.
- Police received a report about lost or mislaid property at the Clearfield Mall. The property was later turned over to the owner.
- Police received a report about a traffic complaint in the area of River and High Level roads.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of U.S. Route 322 and the on-ramp of the Clearfield Bypass.
- Police assisted with locating a stolen vehicle.
- Police assisted with serving an arrest warrant on a Frenchville man in the Glen Richey area.
- Police assisted with locating a stolen vehicle in the Woodland area.
- Police responded to a disabled vehicle along Old Town Road. Towing services assisted police at the scene.
- Police responded to a waterline break in the area of Turnpike Avenue and Mill Road.
- Police responded to suspicious activity in Hillsdale.
- Police recovered a trailer license plate that had been located on U.S. Route 322. Further, police arranged for the owner to get the plate.
- Police responded to an incident involving a male who was harassing and being disorderly with patrons at the Clearfield Mall. The male was taken into custody and transported to the CCJ for public intoxication and retail theft. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of fraud. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a resident’s vehicle being damaged. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about an abandoned vehicle in the area of the Clearfield – Shawville Highway.
- Police recovered found property on Village Road. The property, police said, consisted of a bag with miscellaneous shoes and items. The owner may claim the items by contacting township police at 814-765-1533.
- Police responded to an area business to check the welfare of children who were left inside a vehicle.
- Police assisted a motorist with a disabled vehicle.
- Police received a report about a traffic complaint in the area of the Clearfield – Curwensville Highway and U.S. Route 322. The vehicle was gone prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about a lost dog in the area of the Clearfield Mall.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident on Washington Avenue. No injuries were reported.
- On Friday, a residential alarm activated in the 500 block of South Avenue. Upon arrival police found an unsecured door. At the scene, police didn’t find anything else to be out of the ordinary and secured the door.
- On Saturday, a Volkswagen Jetta was involved with a hit-and-run accident at the intersection of West Long Avenue and Jared Street. Its operator struck an occupied vehicle and then fled the scene. They also struck a tree at the intersection of State Street and West Long Avenue. No one was injured as a result of the first accident. However, the operator of the Jetta was transported to Penn Highlands/DuBois while a passenger was flown to Altoona after the second accident. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- A 31-year-old Mahaffey woman stole items at Martin’s Grocery Store on Saturday. She fled the scene prior to police arrival; however, she left her identification at the scene. Police will file charges against the woman.
- On Saturday, an alarm activated at the Tractor Supply Store on Beaver Drive. Upon arrival police found the building secured.