State police at Clearfield
- Minor injuries were reported after a three-vehicle accident on Elizabeth Street in Houtzdale Borough. Further, Justin J. Centra of Clearfield ran a flashing red light and struck a vehicle operated by Paul Clancy of Houtzdale. The Clancy vehicle then struck a vehicle operated by a 17-year-old Smithmill girl. Clancy sustained minor injuries as a result of the accident.
State police at DuBois
- On Thursday, state police stopped a commercial vehicle for a marking violation on Interstate 80 at exit 101. During the inspection, state police discovered that a load of seafood was not kept at a safe temperature. The food was at a temperature above the allowed shipping temperature. Also, state police found the load wasn’t being shipped in accordance to food shipping regulations and was seized for disposal. The company and its operator were cited for several violations; the incident remains under investigation at this time. State police were assisted by the state Department of Agriculture and the DuBois Motor Carrier Enforcement Team.
- Police received a report about a disorderly employee at an area business.
- Police received a report about a traffic complaint on the Clearfield-Curwensville Highway.
- Police received a report about a motorist who was driving carelessly in the Hillsdale area.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle at the Hyde light.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity on Coal Hill Road.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft at Snappy’s Convenience Store.
- Police received a report about a traffic accident on River Road. Further, a Clearfield man was traveling northbound when the operator of another vehicle pulled from the stop sign at Plaza Drive. The operator made a wide right toward Clearfield. As a result, the man swerved hard to the right and traveled down a small embankment striking a small tree. No injuries were reported.
- A motorist struck a deer on Bloomington Avenue on Thursday. Their vehicle wasn’t damaged as a result.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with a domestic dispute in the area of Glen Richey on Thursday evening.