State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of simple assault occurred Jan. 23 on North Eighth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 31-year-old Philipsburg man engaged in a physical altercation with the victim. Charges of simple assault are being filed through the district court.
- An incident of fleeing or attempting to elude police occurred Tuesday on Interstate 99 in Taylor Township. While attempting to initiate a traffic stop, a 23-year-old man chose not to for approximately seven miles. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Ridgway
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Thursday on Montmorenci Road in Ridgway Township. Krista L. Woodford of Ridgway was traveling north near Kinley Drive. She lost control of her vehicle, which started to rotate clockwise leaving the roadway and striking a culvert.
- Police recovered alcoholic beverages that were located in a snow bank along Fire Tower Road.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct.
- Police assisted a constable with attempting to serve a warrant on a Park Avenue Extension resident.
- Police have initiated an investigation into the report of an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- No charges were filed after a domestic disturbance that occurred Wednesday in the 300 block of West Long Avenue. The incident occurred between a woman and her daughter’s boyfriend. During the incident, the woman shut his hand in a door while trying to keep him from her room.
- On Wednesday, a construction worker put his wallet next to his lunch pail while working in the first block of Parkway Drive. A short time later, he noticed that someone had taken his wallet. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred Wednesday on McCracken Run Road. The operator of a vehicle crossed the center of the roadway and struck an oncoming vehicle. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident; however, both vehicles were towed from the scene. The driver who crossed the roadway will be cited for the accident.
- A DuBois woman reported a telephone scam on Wednesday. Further, she’d received a phone call about owing $3,000 to the IRs. The woman knew this wasn’t true after recently having her taxes done.
- A DuBois woman reported Wednesday that someone struck her vehicle in the parking lot at Juniata Elementary. The operator then fled the scene. She told police the suspect vehicle clipped her door while she was loading her kids. The accident remains under investigation at this time.
- A single-vehicle accident occurred Thursday on Jeffers Street. Further, a driver lost control of their vehicle and slid off the roadway. The driver wasn’t injured; no damage was reported as a result of the accident.
- A single-vehicle accident occurred Thursday on New Street. The driver lost control of their vehicle on the icy roadway and struck the curb. The driver wasn’t injured; however, her vehicle was disabled as a result of the accident.