State police at Clearfield
- Minor injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident that occurred Monday on Copelin Road in Decatur Township. Dorothy Webster of Philipsburg was traveling south on Perks Street at its intersection with Copelin Road. She failed to stop and struck a vehicle operated by Scott Carbaugh, also of Philipsburg, traveling east through the intersection. Webster was not wearing her seatbelt and sustained minor injuries. Carbaugh was wearing his seatbelt and not injured. Webster was cited for the accident.
- No injuries were reported after a three-vehicle accident on Feb. 19 on Interstate 80 at mile-marker 128.1 westbound in Graham Township. Richard J. Jewell of Sharpsville was traveling in his freightliner in the left-hand lane. At the time, Kenneth L. Pattee of Smyrna, NY and Nancy M. Canfield of Lanse were traveling in the right-hand lane. Jewell lost control of his freightliner on the ice-covered roadway and rear-ended the Pattee vehicle. The Jewell freightliner continued to travel west and struck the driver’s side mirror of the Canfield vehicle.
- An incident of harassment occurred Monday on Williams Street in Ramey Borough. During the incident, a 21-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman, both of Ramey, engaged in a verbal argument, which escalated into a physical dispute. Charges will be filed against both through the district court.
State police at DuBois
- A DuBois man sustained moderate injuries after a two-vehicle accident Friday on Coal Hill Road in Brady Township. Kevin M. Gibson of DuBois was traveling south in the right-hand lane. At the time, Kacey O. Ross of Curwensville was traveling north in the right-hand lane. Gibson lost control of his vehicle due to traveling too fast for the slippery roadway conditions. His vehicle slid into the northbound lane and struck the front, driver’s side of the Ross vehicle. Gibson sustained moderate injuries and was transported to the DuBois Regional Medical Center – West. Ross wasn’t injured as a result of the accident. All occupants were wearing their seatbelts.
- A Reynoldsville man sustained major injuries after a single-vehicle accident on Friday on state Route 28 in Snyder Township. Shane S. Smith of Reynoldsville was traveling northbound in the right-hand lane. Upon rounding a left-hand curve, he lost control of his vehicle due to traveling too fast on the slippery roadway. His vehicle exited onto the east berm and traveled 165 feet north along the roadway. At that point, his vehicle overturned and traveled an additional 36 feet before coming to a rest on its passenger’s side. Smith sustained major injuries and was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident. State police were assisted by the Brockway Volunteer Fire Department and Brockway Ambulance.
State police at Philipsburg
- Moderate injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Tuesday on U.S. Route 322 eastbound in Rush Township. Anette Salter, 46, of Philipsburg was traveling east in the right-hand lane when she lost control of her vehicle. Her vehicle crossed the roadway, exiting the berm and striking an embankment. Her vehicle then overturned and came to a final rest on its driver’s side. Salter was freed from her vehicle by mechanical means. State police were assisted by the Hope, Reliance and Port Matilda fire departments. Salter sustained moderate injuries and was transported from the scene by Moshannon Valley Emergency Medical Services.
- Police removed a traffic hazard from the Rockton Mountain Highway.
- Police received a report about a verbal domestic dispute on Park Avenue Extension. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police have initiated an investigation into a hit-and-run accident that occurred at the Hampton Inn involving a box truck. The building sustained damage as a result of the accident.
- Police assisted with a fall victim Saturday on Bailor Drive.