CLEARFIELD – Last night, the Lawrence Township Supervisors opened bids first for building sewer internal TV inspection.
Two bids were received. C&R Directional Boring Inc. of Clearfield bid $24,966 and Glenn Johnston Inc. of McKeesport bid $65,208. Also, the bids for Phase III Sanitary Sewer System Improvements include:
- HRI Inc., State College, for $2,420,305
- Greenland Construction Inc., Clearfield, for $2,161,111
- C&R Directional Boring LLC, Clearfield, for $2,092,867
- Dave Roman Excavating, Reynoldsville, for $2,187,975
- Diehl Contracting LLC, Glen Hope, for $1,963,055
- Glenn Johnston Inc., McKeesport, for $1,994,505
- Lumadue Excavating LLC, West Decatur, for $1,976,095
The supervisors agreed to table a vote on the bids until they’re reviewed by the township engineer.
The supervisors approved a lease agreement for the Bayer Building in Hyde with Progressive Specialty Glass Inc., Curwensville. The three-year lease is for 12.5 cents per square foot, totaling $5,134 per month. Notices to vacate will be issued to current tenants ATA and Stars Cheerleading.
The supervisors approved to contract with Co-Stars Salt again this year for 600 tons of rock salt. Supervisor Ed Brown asked if the township should consider a second source for road salt as well, in light of the difficulty the township has had getting salt deliveries this winter. Supervisor Chairman Bill Lawhead said the township needs more storage to have room for more salt. It was also noted that salt shortage is a problem everywhere right now.