CLEARFIELD – Clearfield Borough has declared a snow emergency and asked residents and business owners to assist with snow removal.
The borough has asked residents:
- to remove all vehicles from roadways for efficient snow removal. The borough has the option to tow vehicles from specific roadways to allow for snow removal and passage of emergency vehicles.
- to shovel a three-foot perimeter around all fire hydrants and to maintain clear sidewalks.to check all heat-related plumbing to ensure its clear for safety purposes, as well as for heating and oil supplies to maintain warmth for several days.
- to clear all sidewalks and driveways within 12 hours of the completion of the snow fall. Snow should not be shoveled onto sidewalks or streets.
- to assist neighbors and friends by clearing passageways, such as driveways and sidewalks.
- to secure all loose items, such as garbage cans, grill covers, lawn ornaments, flags, etc. These items should be put inside to prevent them from blowing onto streets or into vehicles.
Clearfield Borough would like to thank the public for its assistance.