State police at Clearfield
- An incident of harassment occurred on Thursday in Houtzdale Borough. During the incident, a 34-year-old Osceola Mills man reported receiving repeated, annoying contact from a 29-year-old Houtzdale man. Further investigation revealed that the Osceola Mills man initiated the contact with annoying text messages to the Houtzdale man.
- An incident of harassment occurred Saturday on Trolley Street in Cooper Township. During the incident, a 33-year-old Grassflat man struck the victim. The man was cited through the district court.
- An incident of harassment occurred Friday in Beccaria Township. During the incident, a 26-year-old Coalport man struck the victim during an altercation. Charges were filed for harassment.
- A single-vehicle, DUI-related accident occurred Sunday on state Route 53 in Decatur Township. During the incident, a 16-year-old Morrisdale boy was traveling north when he lost control of his vehicle and struck an embankment. His vehicle subsequently overturned. The boy wasn’t wearing his seatbelt; he wasn’t injured as a result of the accident. He was taken to the Clearfield Hospital for blood testing. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- An incident of public drunkenness occurred Saturday on Hill Street in Chester Hill Borough. During the incident, a 24-year-old Drifting man was highly intoxicated and causing a disturbance. Charges were filed through the district court.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred Feb. 8 in the parking lot of the PUFF Super Value in Woodward Township. During the incident, someone damaged the front driver’s side quarter panel of a 2012 red Nissan Versa. Damage is estimated at $250. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- Minor injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident that occurred Friday on the Greenville Pike in Bloom Township. Georgina Clark-Carter of Curwensville was traveling north on a snow-covered and slippery roadway. A vehicle driven by Gregory Beach of Grampian left a parked position along the left side of the roadway and entered a driveway along the right side to turn around at the crest of a hill. However, the Carter vehicle was unable to stop and rear-ended Beach’s vehicle. It then slid off the left side and struck a small tree and a utility pole. Carter sustained minor injuries. All occupants were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the accident.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Friday on Oklahoma-Salem Road in Brady Township. Crystal D. Fontenoy of Curwensville was traveling north on a snow- and ice-covered roadway. She lost control of her vehicle while traveling downhill and her vehicle started to slide clockwise into the southbound lane. The Fontenoy vehicle continued onto the west berm before entering a field and striking a small group of trees.
- An incident of harassment occurred Friday at the Jeff Tech School in Winslow Township. During the incident, a known 17-year-old boy punched the victim in the back of the head. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- A DUI occurred Saturday on the Reynoldsville – Sykesville Road in Winslow Township. Further, a 26-year-old Reynoldsville man was traveling northbound when he lost control of his vehicle after negotiating a right-hand curve. His vehicle slid off the right side of the roadway and struck a snow bank. It continued off the roadway and overturned onto its roof, sliding north. The man’s vehicle slid through a ravine and then struck a tree. He was wearing his seatbelt and not injured; however, he was found to be under the influence of alcohol and subsequently arrested for DUI.
State police at Philipsburg
- No injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident that occurred Friday at the intersection of the Port Matilda Highway and East Presqueisle Street in Philipsburg Borough. William Krause of Philipsburg was traveling east while a vehicle operated by Donna Bell, also of Philipsburg, had been stopped at the intersection. Krause failed to see the traffic light ahead of him when it turned red and proceeded through the intersection. At the same time, Bell was traveling west through the intersection, and both vehicles collided as a result. Upon impact the Bell vehicle spun around 180 degrees and came to a rest facing east.
State police at Ridgway
- On Sunday, state police seized drug paraphernalia and a prohibited offensive weapon on Dagus Mines Road during a fire investigation. The investigation is continuing at this time.
- An incident of DUI occurred Saturday on SR 219 in Horton Township. During the incident, a 23-year-old Brockport man was encountered stuck in the snow. While speaking with him, state police detected a strong odor of alcohol. He was subsequently arrested for DUI and other summary charges through the district court in Elk County.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a business on Industrial Park Road. The alarm, police said, had been accidentally activated by staff.
- Police received a report about an Internet scam. Further, a resident was selling an item, and the buy sent a fake money order.
- Police received a report about a minor accident on Hall Street.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred at a business along SR 879.
- Police received a report about an accident on the Clearfield Bypass.
- Police received a report about an injured deer on Martin Street Extension.
- Police received a report about a theft of a wallet from a motor vehicle.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on the Old Erie Pike. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident.
- Police assisted the operator of a tractor-trailer with directions in the area of River and High Level roads.
- Police received a report about a custody dispute. Further, police referred the individuals to the proper agencies.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief Friday on Beech Street.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications on Saturday.
- Police received a report about a theft incident that occurred on Thompson Street sometime between Dec. 22 and Saturday.
- Police took a Curwensville man into custody Saturday and placed him in the Clearfield County Jail.
- On Friday, a 22-year-old Drifting man was arrested for DUI after getting his vehicle stuck in the snow in the 400 block of Orient Avenue.
- On Friday, police initiated an investigation into the theft of money from a wallet.
- On Saturday, a residential alarm was activated in the 800 block of Orient Avenue. The alarm, police said, was malfunctioning.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred Saturday in the 300 block of Quarry Avenue. No injuries were reported, and towing wasn’t required as a result of the accident.
- On Sunday, a two-vehicle accident occurred in the 300 block of Quarry Avenue. No injuries were reported, and towing wasn’t required as a result of the accident.