State police at Clearfield
- A single-vehicle accident occurred Wednesday on the Rockton Mountain Highway in Pine Township. The operator of the vehicle was traveling easterly, swerved to miss oncoming traffic and failed to maintain control. Their vehicle exited the roadway and subsequently traveled approximately 30 feet until striking a posted sign and causing damage. The vehicle continued traveling approximately 20 feet before coming to a rest on the east berm. The operator was wearing his seatbelt and wasn’t injured as a result of the accident. The vehicle sustained minor damage to the front bumper and grill area.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Wednesday on Spring Street just west of Electric Avenue in Woodward Township. An operator was traveling northbound when pieces of ice fell from their vehicle and struck the windshield of another operated by Tammy Norman of Clearfield. The operator fled the scene. Norman’s vehicle sustained major damage to its windshield.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of theft occurred Jan. 2 on Cooper Avenue in Cooper Township. During the incident, someone took a check from the victim and wrote it out for $125. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- A single-vehicle accident occurred Feb. 7 on Sunnyside Hollow Road in Worth Township. Sandra Gill of Port Matilda was traveling west when she lost control of her vehicle on the ice-covered roadway. Her vehicle exited the roadway via the north berm and struck a tree before overturning onto its driver’s side. Gill was wearing her seatbelt at the time of the accident. She sustained injuries of an unknown severity. She was transported to the Mount Nittany Medical Center. Gill’s vehicle was also towed from the scene. State police were assisted by the Port Matilda Fire Department.
- An incident of simple assault occurred Wednesday on North 10th Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 15-year-old boy allegedly knocked down the victim and proceeded to kick and punch him multiple times.
- Police received a report about Internet fraud.
- Police received a report about disorderly conduct.
- Police received a report about the theft of packages.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity in the Hillsdale area.