State police at Philipsburg
- On Tuesday, a 15-year-old Osceola Mills boy was found with drug paraphernalia on him at the Philipsburg-Osceola High School. School officials contacted the state police regarding this matter, and charges will be filed as a result.
- On Monday, an incident of aggravated assault occurred in the 200 block of North 10th Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 23-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman allegedly assaulted the victim during a verbal altercation over money. Also, a knife was used during the alleged assault, and the victim sustained minor injuries. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at DuBois
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Tuesday on Main Street in Falls Creek Borough. The operator of a vehicle was traveling east while another vehicle was parked along the south berm of the roadway. The vehicle sideswiped the one that was parked, and its operator fled the scene. The suspect vehicle is a red pick-up truck, said state police. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
- On Tuesday, state police found a 27-year-old Hermitage woman passed out in the restroom of a rest area along Interstate 80 in Pine Creek Township. The woman was transported to the DuBois Regional Medical Center. She was found with drug paraphernalia on her and in the restroom. Charges will be filed against the woman.
- An incident of harassment occurred Monday at the Jeff Tech School in Winslow Township. As a result, a 15-year-old DuBois boy has been charged through the district court for allegedly punching another student.
- Police responded to a minor vehicle accident along the 200 block of East Locust Street. Further, the operator of a vehicle backed into a parked vehicle.
- Police received a report about an altercation that occurred between a couple on Zimmerman Avenue. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police handled a parking complaint along East Fifth Street.
- Police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief on Guelich Avenue. Further, someone damaged a front porch window.
- Police assisted motorists with vehicle lockouts on East Market and East Locust streets.
- Police reported a false alarm at a local business.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft on Supercenter Drive.
- Police received a report about a bad check from a township resident.
- Police received a report about an alleged phone scam.
- Police received a report about a firearm in Nebraska that was stolen from a township resident.
- Police have initiated an investigation into the theft of medication that occurred at an area pharmacy.
- Police received a report about a reckless driver who was traveling down the Rockton Mountain Highway.
- Police received a report about a traffic violation of driving without a license.
- Police received a report about an alleged fraud and deception involving a local utility company and charges to a customer’s bill.
- Police received a report about a noise complaint at a local hotel. The incident was handled without charges.
- Police received a report about an alleged prowler along Deacon Road. Upon arrival police couldn’t locate anyone.
- On Sunday, an alarm was activated at Giant Eagle on North Main Street. Upon arrival police found the alarm had been activated accidentally.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Monday in the 100 block of East Washington Avenue. Sometime overnight, someone struck a 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada, causing minor damage. The operator of the vehicle then fled the scene.
- On Monday, a tractor-trailer struck a stop sign at the intersection of Williams and North Franklin streets. Its operator then fled the scene. Police were able to locate the tractor-trailer with information from a witness.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred Monday on DuBois Street. Further, no injuries were reported, and neither vehicle required towing.