State police at Ridgway
- During a DUI investigation on Dec. 12, 2013, a known Ridgway man was found in possession of three firearms. Further investigation revealed that the man is a convicted felon and not to possess firearms. Charges were filed against the man through the district court.
- Police assisted the fire department with a possible gas line leak.
- Police arrested a male on theft and forgery charges after it was found that he had removed two checks, filled them out, forged the name and cashed them. He was arrested and arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Richard Ireland. The male was then placed in CCJ on $25,000 bail.
- Police responded to a noise complaint on East Locust Street. Further, police were unable to hear any noise and determined the call to be unfounded.
- Police received a report about a parking problem along Hill Street Extension.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.
- Police assisted a motorist at the Clearfield Elementary School.
- Police received a report about a trespassing complaint at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.
- Police checked the welfare of a juvenile on Clover Hill Road.
- Police received a report about an Internet scam. During the incident, an individual received extra money with directions to send the difference to the suspect via Western Union. The individual didn’t send the money and advised police.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment, threats and possible criminal mischief in the Hillsdale area. The incident was listed as unfounded.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Friday in the area of McNaul Street.
- Police would like to remind residents that parking is prohibited between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. on State and Filbert streets.
- An individual who couldn’t be located by family was found in the hospital.