State police at Clearfield
- On Friday, a two-vehicle accident occurred at the intersection of the Shawville and Woodland-Bigler Highways in Bradford Township. Further, a tractor-trailer backed into another vehicle; no injuries were reported as a result of the accident.
- On Friday, a single-vehicle accident occurred on Douglas Road in Knox Township. Timothy Jones of Johnsonburg was traveling north and negotiating a left-hand curve in the roadway. He lost control of his vehicle on the snow-covered roadway, at which point it exited the east berm and struck a large tree. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident. State police were assisted by towing services at the scene. Jones was cited for the accident.
- On Friday, a hit-and-run accident occurred on North Street in Curwensville Borough. Shawn Witherite of Olanta left a parking stall without clearing the traffic way and struck a parked vehicle. Witherite then fled the scene.
- On Sunday, an incident of DUI occurred on state Route 53 in Morris Township. Further, a 49-year-old Morrisdale man was stopped for a vehicle code violation and found under the influence of alcohol. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- On Thursday, a hit-and-run accident occurred on Filbert Street in Curwensville Borough. Further, a vehicle struck a large planter on the sidewalk in front of the Central Hotel, causing damage to it and the building. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of theft/fraud occurred Thursday on Main Street in Cooper Township. During the incident, a 19-year-old man allegedly made some unauthorized charges on the victim’s credit card. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at DuBois
- An incident of harassment occurred Feb. 4 at Jeff Tech in Winslow Township. Further, an 18-year-old Luthersburg man has been accused of punching the victim while at the school.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of public drunkenness occurred Saturday at the Kersey Eagles on Main Street in Fox Township. Further, a 23-year-old St. Marys man was under the influence of alcohol and caused a disturbance. He was subsequently cited for public drunkenness.
- An incident of public drunkenness occurred Saturday in the parking lot of the Kersey Eagles on Main Street in Fox Township. Further, a 23-year-old St. Marys man was cited after he was found manifestly under the influence of alcohol and causing a disturbance. Charges were filed through the district court.
- On Sunday, a hit-and-run accident occurred at Beck’s Bar and Grill on West Center Street in Ridgway Township. Further, an unknown vehicle struck the right rear of a red, 1999 Chevrolet Silverado while it was parked in the lot. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about a noise complaint along East Cherry Street. The accused told police that they would quiet down.
- Police received a report about a parking complaint along East Locust Street. Further, a vehicle was parked on private property; as a result, police issued a parking ticket.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications from a resident who declined police action.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute at an East 10th Street residence. The dispute was determined to be verbal in nature, and the individuals separated for the night.
- Police assisted a crisis counselor with a patient at a North Third Street residence.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity on Bigler Road. Further, police found footprints around a residence.
- Police responded to East Market Street, where a motorist was locked out of their vehicle.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with arresting a male on felony assault warrants.
- Police handled a parking complaint along Nichols Street.
- Police responded to a minor traffic accident involving a vehicle going off the roadway. However, the vehicle was gone when police arrived at the scene.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance on East Side. Both individuals were separated, and there weren’t any charges filed as a result.
- Police checked the welfare of an individual who was sleeping in a running vehicle at Sheetz. The individual was OK and agreed to leave.
- Police received reports about a phone scam, which appears to have originated from the local wine festival.
- Police responded to a mental health incident at the Clearfield Hospital.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespassing that occurred at the Lawrence Park Village. Upon arrival police were unable to locate the male.
- Police received a report about two children who were locked inside a running vehicle. Upon arrival police assisted with unlocking the vehicle.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male at the Family Dollar. Upon arrival police transported the male to his residence.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle in the area of SR 879 and River Road. Upon arrival police found that the vehicle was off the roadway and not an impairment to traffic.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle at a Golden Rod residence. Upon arrival police found a friend was visiting the resident.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on Bailey Settlement Road. Upon arrival police found a vehicle exited the roadway and struck the guiderail. The driver then left the scene.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a business on Daisy Street Extension. Upon arrival police found the building secured.
- Police received a report about a verbal domestic dispute at the Riverside Motel.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a local business. The alarm was accidentally set off by employees.
- Police received a report about a vehicle that traveled off the Krebs Highway. No injuries were reported.
- Police received a report about another vehicle that traveled off Supercenter Drive. However, police didn’t have any contact with the driver of the vehicle.
- Police have initiated an investigation into a burglary that occurred at CoGo’s. Further, the suspect removed items from the store after breaking in. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact police.
- Police received a report about an automatic fire alarm at the Hampton Inn. It was a false alarm, police said.
- On Thursday, police received a report about two males who were fighting in the 300 block of West Long Avenue. Charges are currently pending against both males.
- On Thursday, police observed a vehicle in the area of Hillcrest Avenue. Upon stopping the vehicle, police found the driver had open containers of alcohol in the vehicle. The driver was provided transportation to his residence and cited for the incident.
- On Friday, police were patrolling the area of Long Avenue and Brady Street when a vehicle almost collided with them head-on. Police attempted to initiate a traffic stop, as the vehicle started to stop. However, the driver and passenger fled on foot; two males were later apprehended and taken into custody. The passenger, police said, was wanted by state parole. He was placed in a holding cell and then released to state parole. Both males are facing multiple charges for the incident.
- On Friday, police received a report about a motor vehicle accident in the 300 block of West Weber Avenue. Upon arrival police found a vehicle had struck another that was parked. Further investigation revealed that the male involved with the accident was intoxicated. He was arrested for DUI and charges are currently pending.
- During the week of Feb. 2 through Saturday, police investigated nine vehicle accidents and issued 12 traffic citations and nine written warnings.