DuBois Apartment Complex Fire Ruled Accidental

(Photo by Steven McDole)

(Photo by Steven McDole)

DUBOIS – On Saturday afternoon, a fire ripped through the Seven Kitchens Apartment Complex in DuBois. The fire has been ruled accidental in nature, according to the state police at Clarion.

The Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal investigated the fire at Seven Kitchens, a two-story, 10-unit apartment complex. The apartment complex, located on East Park Avenue, is owned by Scott Blose of DuBois.

According to state police, a new roof had been constructed over the original roof structure. The open area between these roof structures allowed for fire progression, making it difficult for firefighters to suppress the fire.

The fire started in a middle unit of the apartment complex. A tenant was burning a candle on an end table and unknowingly put a blanket on it when she went to her kitchen. The blanket caught fire and the tenant attempted to extinguish the flames, state police said.

The tenant sustained second-degree burns to her left hand. A firefighter also sustained injuries during suppression efforts when he fell on ice and struck his face on the roadway. Both were treated and released from the DuBois Regional Medical Center, state police said.

The fire displaced approximately 35 tenants, according to state police. The American Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the fire victims. Numerous residents also visited the scene to leave items for the affected families.

Library Lists January Memorials
Tide Roll Over Moshannon Valley 83-53

Leave a Reply