State police at Clearfield
- On Saturday, an 18-year-old Clearfield woman was found under the influence of alcohol along Decatur Hill in Decatur Township. She was under the influence to the extent that she was a danger to herself and society. She was taken to the Clearfield County Jail to be detained for 48 hours. State police noted that a parent was contacted and agreed for the woman to be put in the CCJ. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- An incident of access device fraud occurred Friday on Swoope Street in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, the victim’s debit/credit card was used in Malaysia for a purchase in the amount of $286.
- The investigation is continuing into an incident that occurred Saturday at the State Correctional Institution at Houtzdale in Woodward Township. Further, an inmate was found with a homemade weapon.
- An incident of harassment occurred Friday on Punkin Ridge Road in Chest Township. During the incident, a 34-year-old LaJose man allegedly backhanded the victim in the face with a closed fist.
State police at Philipsburg
- A single-vehicle accident occurred Thursday on South Mountain Road in Taylor Township. Andrew Golden of Tyrone was traveling northbound when his vehicle crossed the southbound lane and struck a tree along the west berm. Golden sustained minor injuries and wasn’t wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident. His vehicle was towed from the scene. Golden was cited for the accident.
- The investigation is continuing into an incident of assault/harassment that occurred Sunday on Warwick Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 44-year-old Morrisdale woman allegedly engaged in a physical confrontation with the victim. She allegedly struck the victim several times about the head and left arm area. The victim pushed the woman away to avoid further injury, at which point she fell backwards onto the sidewalk. The woman sustained a small laceration and was transported to the Mount Nittany Medical Center for treatment for minor injuries and ongoing health issues. Alcohol was a contributing factor in the incident, state police said.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of theft occurred Friday on Worral Street in Jones Township. Further, the victims allowed several people in their residence, and while they were there, someone stole prescription medication and an iPod. The value of the stolen items is $250.
- In late 2009 or early 2010, a 28-year-old Ridgway man allegedly sold a firearm illegally in the parking lot of Alpha Sintered Metals in Ridgway Township. The firearm, state police said, was recovered during an accident investigation and found to be in possession of someone other than the registered owner.
- An incident of theft occurred sometime between Jan. 25 and Jan. 27 on Rita Lane in Jay Township. During the incident, someone stole a cutting torch set along with the cart and tanks that belonged to the victim. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about a stolen bankcard that was then used at a local business. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police responded to an alarm at a local restaurant. Upon arrival police found that an employee had accidentally set off the alarm.
- Police served warrants for unpaid fines.
- Police received a report about items that were removed from a vehicle while it was parked along Dorey Street.
- Police responded to Sheetz for a reported suspicious person.
- Police responded to a vehicle lockout on the South Side.
- Police arrested a woman for suspicion of DUI along Bridge Street.
- Police responded to a report of an erratic driver who was later found to be in need of medical attention. Emergency personnel transported the driver to the hospital for treatment.
- Police responded to the Reed Street Apartments for an intentional drug overdose. Emergency personnel took the individual to the Clearfield Hospital for treatment.
- Police checked the welfare of an individual who reportedly sent a message to a friend about harming themselves. The individual was found to be OK and with family.
- Police responded to a parking complaint along East Cherry Street.
- A large set of keys was turned into the police station after they were located along Temple Avenue near the Atlantic Broadband Office. The owner can contact police to claim them.
- Police received a report about a theft from a Hannah Street resident. Police determined the incident to be civil in nature and referred the reporting party to the proper agency.
- Police responded to a verbal domestic dispute at an East Sixth Street residence.
- Police received a report about the theft of medication from a township resident.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist.
- Police checked the welfare of a male; upon arrival he denied any problem.
- Police received a report about a psychological emergency. Upon arrival police assisted a male without incident.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a local business. Upon arrival police found the business secured.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with a traffic stop.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on the Rockton Mountain Highway. Upon arrival police determined the accident occurred in the state police’s jurisdiction.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run accident on Woodland Road. Further, two vehicles were traveling in opposite directions when their mirrors struck each other. One vehicle didn’t stop at the scene, police said.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute on Wrigley Street. As a result, a male left the residence for the night.
- Police received a report about an accident at the Clearfield Mall.
- Police received a report about civil issues that involved a vehicle.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct at the Economy Inn.
- Police responded to the Rainbow Car Wash to assist a motorist who was stuck in the automatic wash bay due to mechanical issues.
- Police received a report about an unwanted male at the Lawrence Park Villages. The male was transported to a residence in Clearfield.
- Police received a report about an incident of public drunkenness. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police handled a noise complaint at the Days Inn. Upon arrival police spoke with two Connecticut males and asked them to keep the noise down.
- Police received a report about a traffic violation on state Route 879. Further, Clearfield Borough police stopped the vehicle and found a female driver was having a medical emergency.
- Police received a report about icy roadway conditions on Knepp Road.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications.
- Police received a report about a psychological emergency. Upon receiving information, police found the incident was occurring outside of their jurisdiction. Police turned the incident over to the appropriate agency.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a business in the Industrial Park. The business was found secured.
- A domestic dispute occurred between a Treasure Lake woman and her boyfriend on Friday at the Sheetz store. The couple engaged in an argument over the custody of their child. However, the woman became scared by her boyfriend’s actions and contacted police. Upon arrival police handled the situation at the scene.
- On Friday, two brothers engaged in a fight in the 100 block of West Weber Avenue. Upon arrival police separated them; charges are currently pending at this time.
- A domestic dispute occurred Saturday in the 500 block of East DuBois Avenue. Further, a 29-year-old man was upset with his parents but left prior to police arrival. No charges were filed as a result of the incident.
- An alarm occurred Sunday at the LB Toney Co. on Beaver Drive. Upon arrival police found the building secured.