State police at Clearfield
- An incident of harassment occurred Wednesday on Haytown Road in Penn Township. During the incident, an 81-year-old Curwensville woman and a 79-year-old Grampian man engaged in a verbal and physical altercation. Charges are being filed through the district court.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred Thursday on McDivitt Road in Penn Township. During the incident, someone damaged a crawl space door attached to the victim’s residence and then fled the scene. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- The investigation is ongoing into an incident of burglary/theft that occurred Thursday on the Philipsburg – Bigler Highway in Bradford Township. During the incident, someone entered the victim’s apartment. Once inside they removed Percocet pills, $128 in cash and a chain saw. The total value of the stolen items is $600.
State police at DuBois
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime between Jan. 24 and Monday on Mitchell Road in Huston Township. During the incident, someone damaged water trucks by tampering with the fuel systems. Damage is estimated at $5,000.
- The investigation is ongoing into an incident of theft by unlawful taking that occurred Jan. 14 on Bark Camp Road in Huston Township. Further, the victim reported to state police that equipment was removed from a job site.
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident on Monday on the Reynoldsville – Falls Creek Road in Winslow Township. William Harmon of Mahaffey was traveling on a snow/ice-covered roadway in almost white-out conditions. His vehicle started to slide and he wasn’t able to keep it on the roadway. His vehicle then left the roadway and traveled onto the east berm, where it struck the guiderail and sustained disabling damage. Harmon was transported for treatment of minor injuries.
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Jan. 26 on Arch Street Extension in Snyder Township. Further, a Falls Creek boy was traveling southbound and unable to negotiate a sharp left-hand curve in the roadway just north of a tunnel. His vehicle subsequently slid off the roadway and into a ditch. The boy was not wearing a seatbelt and sustained minor injuries. He was transported for medical treatment; his vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident on Jan. 24 on U.S. Route 322 in Winslow Township. Amber Pate of Reynoldsville was traveling westbound through an area of roadway with snow drifts. As oncoming traffic passed, she swerved to the right and slid but was able to maintain control of her vehicle. After that, another vehicle passed her and she swerved again and lost control of her vehicle. The Pate vehicle slid off the roadway and struck a ditch before traveling up a small embankment and striking a utility pole and traffic sign. Her vehicle overturned two revolutions and came to a final rest on its wheels. Pate wasn’t wearing a seatbelt and was partially ejected through the driver’s side window. She sustained minor injuries and was transported for medical treatment. State police were assisted by the Reynoldsville Fire Department and Ambulance, DuBois Emergency Medical Services, PennDOT and towing services.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Jan. 23 on Carson Hill Road in Brady Township. Further, the operator of a vehicle was traveling westbound when they lost control on the snow-covered roadway. The vehicle slid off the right berm and up an embankment into the Salem Cemetery. It subsequently struck at least two headstones, causing damage, and the operator fled the scene without leaving information or contacting police. The vehicle was described as a silver-colored Ford Taurus and possibly a mid-2000’s model. Its operator was a younger male who is possibly in his late teens or early 20’s with glasses. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Jan. 23 on Interstate 80 at mile-marker 107.2 in Union Township. Daisy Clark of DuBois was traveling eastbound in the right-hand lane when she lost control of her vehicle on the ice-covered roadway. Her vehicle slid across the left-hand lane and struck the guiderails along the north berm.
- An Act 64 violation/DUI occurred Jan. 20 on Route 219 in Sandy Township. State police conducted a traffic stop for an equipment violation and detected a strong odor of marijuana inside the vehicle. Upon searching the vehicle, state police found a small amount of marijuana from both male occupants and drug paraphernalia. The male who was the operator was also processed for suspected DUI. He was transported to the DuBois Regional Medical Center for a legal blood draw, and charges will be filed pending the toxicology screening.
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime between Aug. 5, 2013 and Oct. 6, 2013 along Route 28 in Warsaw Township. Further, the victim reported that an outdoor furnace was removed from his property without his knowledge or consent. The furnace is valued at $8,000 (new). The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about an accident that occurred in the Family Dollar parking lot.
- Police received a report about a traffic complaint on Martin Street Extension.
- Police responded to an activated alarm at the water treatment facility. Everything was found secured.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with a warrant service on Market Street.
- Police responded to a noise complaint on Park Avenue Extension. However, the noise had ceased prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft from a motor vehicle on High Street.
- On Wednesday, police responded to a hit-and-run accident on Liberty Boulevard. The victim told police that his vehicle was rear-ended by a green sports utility vehicle. Afterward the operator of the suspect vehicle followed him into the high school parking lot but didn’t stop. While responding police were advised a green Ford Explorer with front end damage had stopped at the front gate of Treasure Lake. Upon arrival the operator admitted to be involved in the accident, and charges are currently pending against a female for multiple traffic violations.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about a burglary that had occurred at a residence in the 200 block of Fairview Avenue. Upon arrival police observed a broken basement window. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about suspicious people who were in a gray, four-door Sedan in the 200 block of West Long Avenue. Upon arrival police found drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about a burglary at a residence in the 300 block of Olive Avenue. Upon arrival police observed a glass door was broken out, and a sheet of insulation was pushed away. Property was stolen from the residence, and the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Thursday, police received a report about a person wanted in Maryland. Upon arrival police identified the male as Terry Lee Goble of DuBois. Police confirmed the warrant for Goble, and he was taken into custody. Charges were filed and he was placed in the Clearfield County Jail pending extradition to Maryland.