State police at Clearfield
- An incident of aggravated assault occurred Dec. 19 on Groundhog Drive in Morris Township. During the incident, a 26-year-old Houtzdale woman was in custody of the Morris-Cooper Regional police. However, she allegedly struggled to get away and kicked a police officer, which caused injury to his right hand. Charges were filed, and a hearing will be held at a later date.
- An incident of theft from a motor vehicle occurred between Jan. 24 and Wednesday on Wool Ridge Road in Covington Township. During the incident, someone stole approximately 40 gallons of gas from a bulldozer and skid steer and then fled the scene. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- Moderate injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Wednesday on the Troy – Hawk Run Highway in Morris Township. Marvin Branton of Philipsburg was traveling north and negotiating a left-hand curve when he lost control of his vehicle. His vehicle exited the roadway and struck a mailbox and a utility pole. Branton was wearing his seatbelt and flown to Altoona for treatment. His juvenile passenger sustained minor injuries. The accident, state police said, remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Jan. 25-26 in the area of North Ninth and East Presqueisle streets in Philipsburg Borough. Further, the victim told police that the tire on his vehicle was slashed. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Jan. 26 on the Port Matilda Highway in Rush Township. Richard Hoffmann of Kylertown was traveling east when he attempted to pass another vehicle. However, he lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree. Both he and his passenger sustained minor injuries; they were transported to the Mount Nittany Medical Center for treatment.
- On Monday, the state police investigated an incident after someone slipped two packets of suspected heroin to a known person in a bathroom stall at the Moshannon Valley Enterprise Center. Further, state police believe that the person who initially had the heroin gave it to the wrong person. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- An incident of theft from a motor vehicle/criminal mischief occurred Tuesday in the parking area of the Pennsylvania Game Lands off of Tow Hill Road in Halfmoon Township. During the incident, someone used a large rock to break the driver’s side window of the victim’s vehicle. Then, they removed a black leather purse, which contained a wallet with cash, a driver’s license and credit card. Vehicle tracks, state police said, indicate the suspect’s vehicle may be a full-size truck or sports utility vehicle with an aggressive tread pattern. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of theft from a motor vehicle/criminal mischief occurred Jan. 24 on Dagus Mines Road in Fox Township. During the incident, a 29-year-old Dagus Mines man allegedly gained entry to a locked vehicle by smashing a window and then removed two Northwest Savings Bank check books that belonged to the victim.
- On Jan. 24-25, a 29-year-old Dagus Mines man allegedly forged three, different Northwest Savings Bank checks and tried to pass them at Rick’s Dough Boys and Northwest Savings Bank.
- On Jan. 20-21, a 29-year-old Dagus Mines man allegedly took a Northwest Savings Bank check that had been contained in a glove box of a vehicle, forged the check and passed it at the Northwest Savings Bank.
- An incident of theft occurred Dec. 30 at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Fox Township. During the incident, a 52-year-old Johnsonburg woman removed merchandise without paying for it. The items were valued at $49.97. She was cited through the district court for the incident.
- Police received a report about a three-vehicle accident with injury near Airstream Way.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on Hogback Road. No injuries were reported.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident on state Route 879 bypass. No injuries were reported.
- Police received a report about an incident of access device fraud that occurred on Supercenter Drive. During the incident, an unknown male used a credit card that belonged to a Johnsonburg resident.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist on Park Avenue Extension.
- Police responded to a domestic dispute on Flegal Road.
- Police responded to Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub for an incident of disorderly conduct.