State police at Clearfield
- The investigation is continuing into an incident of burglary that occurred Thursday on Windy Hill Road in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, someone broke an exterior window to the victim’s residence. Once inside they removed a 44-inch flat screen television and Play Station with games. The total value of the stolen items is $1,000.
- The investigation is continuing into an incident of theft that occurred sometime Wednesday or Thursday at the Cal-Frac Building in Chester Hill Borough. During the incident, someone removed a Cal-Frac backpack containing a cellular phone, satellite radio and other miscellaneous items.
- The investigation is continuing into an incident of theft that occurred sometime between Jan. 19 and Thursday on Srock Road in Coalport Borough. During the incident, someone removed gas-powered drills from the victim’s truck. The total value of the stolen drills is $1,900.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Saturday on the Morrisdale – Allport Highway in Morris Township. Tricia L. Lafferty of Hawk Run was traveling northbound and negotiating a left-hand curve. However, she failed to maintain control of her vehicle, and it exited the roadway. As a result, it struck a large hedge and mailbox. Both Lafferty and her passenger were wearing their seatbelts. Lafferty was cited for the accident.
- An incident of DUI occurred Saturday on state Route 53 in Houtzdale Borough. During the incident, a 34-year-old Brisbin male was stopped for a traffic violation and found under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested for DUI and charges will be filed through the district court.
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking or disposition occurred sometime Saturday or Sunday on Gertrude Street in Chester Hill Borough. During the incident, someone removed the victim’s Pembroke Welsh Corgi dog from its house. The dog is brown in color and weighs approximately 20 pounds. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Philipsburg
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Sunday on the Tyrone Pike in Rush Township. Gerard Hansel of Houtzdale was traveling southbound on a snow-covered roadway and negotiating a left-hand curve when he lost control of his pick-up truck. His truck started to slide across the northbound lane and continued onto the east berm. It subsequently struck a small embankment and overturned before traveling approximately 30 feet and coming to a rest on its roof. Hansel was wearing his seatbelt and sustained minor injuries. He was able to exit the truck prior to the arrival of emergency personnel. Hansel, however, will be cited for the accident. State police were assisted at the scene by the Mountain Top Fire Department and towing services.
- An incident of computer trespass occurred Jan. 22 in the 300 block of High Street in Philipsburg. During the incident, the victim told state police that someone hacked into her Facebook account and printed off private messages. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Thursday on U.S. Route 322 in Worth Township. Further, a vehicle was traveling westbound near East Mountain Road when a dual wheel came loose and traveled off the roadway. The dual wheel struck a shed on East Mountain Road, and the operator of the vehicle failed to stop at the scene.
- An incident off assault/harassment occurred Saturday at the Centre County Correctional Facility in Benner Township. Further, inmates Andrew M. Johnson and Brett J. Buchanan engaged in a mutual fight during which they both struck each other in the head. Non-traffic citations were filed against them.
State police at DuBois
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Sunday at the intersection of Wayne Road and Church Street in Winslow Township. Jennifer L. Hedden of Reynoldsville was traveling eastbound when she lost control of her vehicle while attempting a right-hand turn onto Church Street. Further, she lost control due to the slippery roadway conditions, and her vehicle slid sideways and struck a culvert on the south berm. After impact, her vehicle came to a rest in the culvert. Hedden and her three passengers were wearing their seatbelts.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Friday on Wayne Road west of Dutchtown Road in Winslow Township. A vehicle was traveling westbound when for unknown reasons its operator lost control and exited the roadway on the south berm. The vehicle traveled down an embankment and impacted a fence. After that, it traveled through a pasture and exited by traveling through downed fence wire. The vehicle then re-entered the roadway and fled the scene. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Thursday or Friday on Grant Road in Ridgway Township. During the incident, someone cut numerous holes into a tire on a 1999 Ford F-350. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136 or the Elk County Crime Stoppers at 814-775-2030.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Sunday on the Ridgway – Johnsonburg Road in Ridgway Township. The operator of a pick-up truck was traveling south when it exited via the left berm and struck a steal mailbox. After impact the operator traveled a short distance before returning to the roadway and continuing south. The operator failed to notify the property owner of the damage. The truck will have front and rear-end damage and is maroon in color. It also has a missing tail light. The accident remains under investigation, and anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with a possible overdose at a residence in the West Side of town.
- Police assisted the Domestic Relations office with taking a male into custody at a residence along Bigler Avenue. The male was located hiding in a cubbyhole.
- On Sunday, police received a report about a lost wallet at Sheetz. Police viewed surveillance footage from the scene and are looking for an older Caucasian male. The male picked up the wallet and failed to turn it in.
- Police received a parking complaint from a Woodland Road resident. Police were able to resolve the matter.
- Police were dispatched to an area of Clark Street for an intoxicated male. The male was falling down in the roadway and unable to get up. Upon police arrival, the male was observed nearly falling over the guiderails on Clark Street. He was subsequently taken into custody and cited for public drunkenness and released to a relative.
- Police received a harassment complaint from a resident. She stated a foreign speaking male was calling her number and leaving negative comments. Police contacted the male and determined he was possibly dialing a wrong number.
- A bus driver dropped off an elderly male who appeared to be disoriented. He did not know where he was going or at. Police were able to identify the male and made contact with his son to pick him up.
- Police received a complaint about an alleged incident of sexual assault from a Park Avenue Extension female. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist at the intersection of Woodland Avenue and Reighard Street.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist at the intersection of East Market and North Second streets.
- Police assisted the fire chief with a reported explosion in the area of South Fourth Street and Arnold Avenue.
- Police responded to an apartment on East Locust Street for a reported loud noise. The individuals stated that they would keep the noise down.
- Police responded to the Sheetz parking lot for an incident of harassment. The complaint was unfounded.
- Police received a report about an alleged assault that occurred in a moving vehicle. Charges will be filed against one female for simple assault and harassment.
- Police arrested one male as a result of a traffic stop. The male had warrants out for him in another county.
- Police received a report about an alleged harassing phone call.
- Police assisted a motorist who slid off the roadway due to icy conditions. No injuries were reported; the vehicle wasn’t damaged as a result of the mishap.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle on the Clearfield – Glen Richey Highway. However, police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- Police responded to assist an elderly male with a medical condition. The male was transported to the hospital for an evaluation.
- Police responded to a fire on Turner Road.
- Police assisted a motorist on West Front Street.
- Police received a report about an alarm on Airport Road. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Police responded to a single-vehicle accident on Park Avenue. No injuries were reported, and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with a medical emergency. Upon arrival police found the individual had refused treatment.
- Police received a report about a parking complaint on Willow Drive.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred in Hyde.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity in the Hyde area.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle at a local business. Upon arrival police found the vehicle was registered to a new employee.
- Police assisted a motorist at a local business.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of someone in the Glen Richey area.
- Police received a report about alleged underage drinking in the Plymptonville area.
- Police responded to Lowe’s for an incident of criminal mischief. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- An incident of harassment occurred Saturday evening.
- While on patrol Friday, police observed the operator of a vehicle traveling into a residential yard along the 200 block of East Logan Avenue. In addition, police observed the operator hit a yard sign and damage it. The operator then left the scene of the accident. Police, however, have a suspect and the accident remains under investigation.
- On Friday, police responded to the DuBois Area Senior High School, where a student was allegedly bringing drugs. Upon arrival police advised the principal and a school police officer to file a private complaint if they wanted to pursue any charges against the student.
- On Friday, police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief in the 500 block of Wood Street. Upon arrival the victim showed police the vehicle tracks through her yard and where several small posts were damaged as a result. Also, the victim told police that she’s had previous problems with a neighbor driving through her yard. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Friday, police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred at a residence in the 600 block of Chestnut Avenue. The victim told police that he had items stolen from his unlocked garage. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Saturday, police responded to the DuBois Regional Medical Center – East, where a patient was allegedly assaulting a staff member. Upon arrival the victim advised police that a male patient grabbed and scratched her arm. Charges were filed against the male.
- On Saturday, police responded to an incident of theft that occurred at a residence on West Scribner Avenue. Upon arrival the victim told police that sometime during the past week, someone stole cash from her residence. Police were provided a list of all the individuals who had been inside the residence during the timeframe. The incident remains under investigation.
- On Sunday, police responded to an incident of theft that occurred at a residence in the 200 block of South Avenue. The victim told police that someone entered his garage and stole a pack of cigarettes from the table. Police followed foot tracks until they disappeared on Wood Street. The incident remains under investigation.
- On Sunday, police responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 100 block of Shaffer Avenue. Upon arrival to the scene, police found that a silver Dodge Durango exited the roadway and struck two legally parked vehicles. During the investigation, police found the operator of the Durango was intoxicated, and he was placed under arrest for DUI. Charges are currently pending at this time.