Las Vegas, NV, United States (4E Sports) – After their controversial fight in 2012, Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao and welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. will collide anew on April 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Bradley shocked everyone when he defeated Pacquiao via split-decision to snatch the 147-pound world title. The decision was criticized by many as Pacquiao dominated Bradley throughout the fight.
Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said Bradley agreed to terms Saturday, a week after Pacquiao did the same.
“I finished the deal with Pacquiao last week and Top Rank president Todd duBoef finished with Bradley Saturday,” Arum said.
Arum said that the formal news conference to announce the fight is scheduled for Feb. 4 in New York with a second news conference to be held in Los Angeles either the next day or two days later.
Arum said Pacquiao will be guaranteed $20 million — a $6 million cut from the first fight — and that Bradley would receive $6 million, a $1 million raise from the first fight. Both fighters will also have their share from the pay-per-view profits.
After beating Pacquiao, Bradley (31-0, 12 KOs) fought twice, outpointing Ruslan Provodnikov in an epic slugfest in March and then defeating Juan Manuel Marquez in October.
The 35-year-old Pacquiao (55-5-2, 38 KOs), who has won world titles in a record eight weight classes and is also a congressman in the Philippines, also fought twice but lost to Marquez via a sixth-round technical knockout in December 2012.
In November 2013, Pacquiao returned and scored a lopsided decision win over Brandon Rios in Macau, China.
Both fighters agreed to random blood and urine drug testing leading up to the fight to be conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, which is headed by Dr. Margaret Goodman, the former chief ringside doctor for the Nevada State Athletic Commission.