State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft/criminal mischief occurred Saturday on Terrace Street in Cooper Township. During the incident, someone removed some wooden Christmas decorations. One decoration was of two girls wearing red dresses, and it was approximately 4 feet tall. The other was of a boy, and it was approximately 3 feet tall. When attempting to take Frosty the Snowman, the suspect broke its arm off. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Wednesday on state Route 53 in Beccaria Township. Vanessa M. Warner of Irvona was traveling westbound and negotiating a right-hand curve. At that point, her vehicle’s back end started to slide in a northwest direction and into the oncoming lane. Her vehicle continued and traveled into the oncoming lane and struck an embankment at the 7 o’clock position. After that the Warner vehicle overturned onto its roof and came to a final rest on the embankment. Warner wasn’t injured as a result of the accident.
- An incident of retail theft occurred Tuesday at the Mountain View Market in Cooper Township. During the incident, a 33-year-old Kylertown man allegedly stole a bottle of over-the-counter pills and then fled the scene. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- An incident of receiving stolen property occurred Wednesday on Interstate 80 at exit 81 in Jefferson County. State police stopped a truck trailer operated by a Dover, Ohio man, at which point it was determined that the load of off-road diesel fuel (approximately 400 gallons) was stolen from a job site near Milesburg. The man was taken into custody and admitted to the theft. Charges are pending further investigation.
State police at Philipsburg
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Wednesday on Spike Island Road in Rush Township. Alycia R. Wolf of Osceola Mills was negotiating a left-hand turn in the roadway when she lost control of her vehicle on an icy patch. Her vehicle started to spin as it crossed to the left and onto property, where it nearly struck a large tree. Her vehicle continued off the left side of the roadway and destroyed approximately 40 feet of vinyl clad fencing. Wolf then left the scene.
- Police received a report about a known male who was operating a vehicle with an open beverage container. Further, police made contact with the male.
- Police conducted a traffic stop on SR 879 and identified a wanted person out of Northern Cambria. The male was detained by police as a result.
- Police assisted a motorist on Graham Street in Hyde.
- Police responded to Novey Recycling for an alleged theft. Upon arrival police made contact with the individual in question, and the investigation is continuing at this time.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Police assisted two motorists in the area of SR 879 near the Clearfield Mall.
- Police conducted a traffic stop on the Old Penfield Road, at which point a wanted person was taken into custody.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about a theft from a motor vehicle that occurred on North Main Street. The victim told police that sometime Monday or Tuesday, someone entered her vehicle and stole multiple items. The vehicle also told police that a rear door was unlocked. The incident remains under investigation at this time, and police advise residents to lock their vehicles.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about an incident of burglary that occurred in the first block of South State Street. The victim told police that between December and the present-day, someone entered a residence owned by her and stole multiple items. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred at a residence in the 100 block of West Washington Avenue. The victim told police that sometime overnight, someone stole his blue and silver mountain bike from his property. The incident remains under investigation at this time, and anyone with information is asked to contact the DuBois City police.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about a registration plate being stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of Division Street. The victim told police that sometime between Monday and the present-day, someone stole his registration plate from his vehicle. The incident remains under investigation at this time.