State police at Clearfield
- Sometime between Nov. 27 and Friday, a suspect(s) entered a Market Street residence in Karthaus Township. While there, they removed $1,000 from a safe and then fled the scene. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- On Saturday, a suspect(s) damaged the victim’s garage door on Morgan Run Road in Boggs Township. Damage is estimated at $100; the investigation is continuing at this time.
- An incident of simple assault occurred Saturday at a Church Street residence in Morris Township. During the incident, a 49-year-old Morrisdale man introduced a sword in the presence of the victim, causing him to become distressed. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- The investigation is continuing into an incident of theft that occurred sometime between Nov. 12 and Sunday on Main Street in Bradford Township. During the incident, a suspect(s) removed 25 Susan B. Anthony coins, a savings bond, a four-leaf clover gold broach and 10 two-dollar bills from the victim’s safe. The total value of the stolen items is $595.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred Jan. 9 on the Philipsburg-Bigler Highway in Boggs Township. Sharon Rowles of Clearfield was traveling eastbound while Thomas Ciavarella of Pennsylvania Furnace was traveling westbound. At that time, the Rowles vehicle started to slide on the icy roadway, and she lost control of it. It slid into the westbound lane and struck the Ciavarella vehicle. The Rowles vehicle then traveled back across the eastbound lane and came to a rest along the guiderails. The Ciavarella vehicle came to a rest along the western berm. Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
- An incident of DUI occurred Saturday in the area of Coal and French streets in Osceola Mills Borough. During an incident, a 47-year-old Osceola Mills man was stopped for failing to use his turn signal and found under the influence of alcohol.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Friday on the Troy-Hawk Run Highway in Morris Township. Carl Krupa of Grassflat was traveling northbound when he lost control of his vehicle. It crossed over the southbound lane, traveled up an embankment and continued through a fence before striking a brick porch of a residence. Krupa was cited for the accident.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of harassment occurred Jan. 6 on South Eagle Valley Road in Taylor Township. During the incident, a man called the victim on two occasions and complained about the roadways in the area of his residence being snow-covered and slippery. The man allegedly demanded in a threatening manner that the roadways be treated. A short time later, the man showed up at the victim’s residence and confronted him about issues he had with the roadways. The man is being charged with harassment as a result of the incident.
- An elderly Philipsburg man reported that medication was stolen from his North Second Street apartment sometime between Jan. 3 and Jan. 6 in Philipsburg Borough.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of DUI occurred Sunday on Brandy Camp Road near state Route 948 in Fox Township. During the incident, a 64-year-old Penfield man was stopped and arrested for DUI after standardized field sobriety testing. Charges are currently pending blood test results.
- Police received a report about a traffic hazard on the SR 879 bypass. Further, a box was on the roadway and blocking a lane of travel. The box wasn’t any longer on the roadway upon police arrival.
- Police assisted a motorist whose child was locked inside a vehicle.
- Police received a report about an unwanted person at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. Upon arrival police located the male and handled the incident at the scene.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity at the Clearfield Mall.
- Police received a report about loud music at a residence on Montgomery Run Road. The individual agreed to turn their music down.
- Police were being requested to check the welfare of a female. However, she returned home while the caller was speaking with police.
- Police responded to a single-vehicle accident on Riverview Road. A Woodland male lost control of his vehicle and struck the guiderails. The male was transported to the Clearfield Hospital for treatment. DUI-related charges are currently pending blood test results.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. One female will be cited for the incident, police said.
- Police responded to a local business for a male who allegedly had a weapon. Upon arrival police found that the male hadn’t threatened anyone with the weapon. The individuals involved were separated; charges will not be filed.
- Police responded to the scene of an abandoned vehicle. Upon arrival police found it had been involved in an accident.
- Police located a suspicious vehicle that was parked behind a business after it had closed.
- On Friday, police received a report about an alleged domestic dispute in the first block of North Jared Street. Upon arrival police found several adults to be highly intoxicated; however, there weren’t any signs of a physical altercation. No charges were filed as a result of the incident.
- On Friday, police received a report about a fight between two men in the 200 block of Hamor Street. Neither wanted to press charges; no injuries were reported.
- On Saturday, a DuBois woman was arrested for public drunkenness in the 100 block of South Main Street. During the incident, police observed her falling several times while she was walking. Also, the man who was with her had warrants out through Elk County Domestic Relations. He was taken into custody and detained in the Clearfield County Jail. The woman was released to a friend.
- On Saturday, a two-vehicle accident occurred on Liberty Boulevard near Beaver Drive. No injuries were reported, and neither vehicle required towing.
- On Saturday, a DuBois man was transported to the hospital for treatment after falling in the parking lot at Sheetz due to his high level of intoxication. He will be cited for public drunkenness.