State police at Clearfield
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Monday on Hardscrabble Road in Morris Township. Hannah A. Sunderlin of Morrisdale was traveling westward downhill on a sharp, right-hand curve. She lost control of her vehicle while negotiating the curve and struck the guiderails. Sunderlin was wearing her seatbelt at the time of the accident.
State police at Philipsburg
- The investigation is continuing into an incident of theft that occurred sometime between Dec. 20 and Jan. 1 in the 400 block of Spruce Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone removed a 28-foot aluminum, extendable step ladder and a 12-inch by 24-foot aluminum portable stage from a work site.
- Police received a report about a loose dog near West Market Street and Turnpike Avenue. However, police were unable to locate the dog.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with an incident involving a disabled motorist on state Route 879.
- Police investigated a minor, two-vehicle accident at the intersection of East Pine and North Third streets.
- Police are investigating the theft of property from an apartment building on East Fifth Street. Further, a known male stole a bathroom faucet and a door lock set. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police responded to an alarm at an area business along River Road. Upon arrival police found the building secured.
- Police assisted a motorist along the 1300 block of Woodland Road.
- Police have initiated an investigation into an incident of criminal mischief at the Mountain Laurel Nursing Home & Rehabilitation Center. During the incident, someone entered an employee’s vehicle and cut the seatbelts.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on Washington Avenue in Hyde. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police have an iPhone that was found along the roadway in the Glen Richey area. The owner may claim it by contacting police.
- Police assisted a motorist at the Park Avenue exit on SR 879.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment on Park Avenue Extension.
- Police assisted another agency with a warrant service.
- Police assisted emergency personnel on South Second Street.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of trespass in the Hyde area. However, police didn’t locate anyone on the premises.
- Police checked the welfare of an individual on Fletcher Avenue. The individual was found to be OK.
- Police responded to an activated alarm at the water treatment plant. Everything was found to be secured.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle in the area of SR 879 and U.S. Route 322. The vehicle was gone prior to police arrival.
- Police responded to the Knights Inn for an intoxicated female who was causing a disturbance. However, upon arrival police couldn’t locate the female.
- Police received a report about a traffic violation in Hillsdale. Upon arrival police found the vehicles had left the area.
- Police assisted a motorist who was out of gasoline and in their vehicle for more than three hours in subzero temperatures. Further, a female passenger was transported to the Clearfield Hospital for possible frost bite. Clearfield Borough police assisted at the scene.
- Police responded to an unwanted person at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. Upon arrival police located the male and learned he had possible frost bite after being outside for more than an hour. The male was transported to the hospital for treatment.