State police at Clearfield
- An incident of public drunkenness occurred Wednesday near Princess Road in Brisbin Borough. During the incident, a 54-year-old Clearfield woman was found highly intoxicated and caused a disturbance. Charges were filed through the district court.
- The investigation is continuing into a hit-and-run accident that occurred Saturday on Main Street in Coalport Borough. Further, a 37-year-old Coalport man had his vehicle legally parked when someone struck the rear driver’s side. The suspect vehicle fled south on Main Street after striking the man’s vehicle. State police believe that the suspect vehicle is a silver-colored Lumina with front-end damage and a missing driver’s side mirror. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Saturday on the Philipsburg – Bigler Highway in Decatur Township. Stephanie Twoey of Osceola Mills was traveling eastbound when she lost control of her vehicle. As a result, her vehicle rotated counterclockwise and slid off of the north berm. Her vehicle slid across a yard before overturning onto its passenger’s side and hitting a pole with its roof. Twoey was cited for the accident.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Saturday on Interstate 80 in Bradford Township. Jake Schneider of Munson was traveling east when he lost control of his vehicle due to swerving to avoid a deer. His vehicle exited the north shoulder for approximately 100 feet and impacted a cement culvert with its undercarriage. After impact his vehicle continued to travel east for approximately 15 feet until impacting a large tree; his vehicle then traveled east for approximately 45 feet before coming to a rest. Schneider was cited for the accident.
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Sunday on Ames Road in Girard Township. Chad Zurat of Clearfield was traveling north when his vehicle collided with an embankment off of the right shoulder. His vehicle then overturned onto its driver’s side. Zurat freed himself from the vehicle by cutting the seatbelt. He walked to a nearby residence to contact family with whom he traveled to the hospital with for treatment. Zurat was cited for the accident.
State police at DuBois
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Saturday on Bottom Road in Union Township. Devyn Edberg of Rockton was traveling north and lost control of his vehicle while negotiating a right-hand curve at an excessive speed. His vehicle spun counterclockwise and exited the roadway on the west berm. The Edberg vehicle impacted a utility pole before continuing to travel 25 feet and impacting a large rock. After the second impact, his vehicle came to a rest in a wooded area, facing north. Edberg was cited for careless driving. State police were assisted at the scene with traffic control by the Union Township Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department.
State police at Philipsburg
- The investigation is continuing into an incident of harassment that occurred Friday in the 1000 block of Presqueisle Street in Philipsburg Borough. The accused and the victim engaged in a verbal argument that turned physical. Further, the accused allegedly pulled the victim’s hair. Neither the accused nor the victim was identified by state police.
- An incident of theft occurred sometime between Friday and Sunday in the 200 block of North Fifth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone took a game trail camera that was outside of the victim’s residence. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of underage drinking occurred Saturday on Spring Creek Road in Ridgway Township. During the incident, a 19-year-old Ridgway man was found to be under the influence of alcohol during the course of a traffic stop. He was subsequently cited for the incident.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Dec. 24 on Fairview Road in Fox Township. Scott A. Bauer of St. Marys was traveling north when he exited the roadway for unknown reasons. His vehicle struck a mailbox on the east berm. Bauer then fled the scene and didn’t notify the owner of the accident. He was cited for the accident.
- An incident of DUI occurred Sunday on the Million Dollar Highway in Fox Township. During the incident, a 24-year-old Kersey man was intoxicated and in control of a vehicle. He was subsequently arrested for DUI.
- An incident of retail theft occurred Thursday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Fox Township. During the incident, a 23-year-old St. Marys man was observed by employees removing merchandise from the store without paying for it. He was confronted by employees but refused to return the merchandise. The total amount stolen was reportedly $309.58. Charges were filed through the district court.
- On Saturday, police received a parking complaint on East Locust Street. Police issued a ticket to the owner of the vehicle.
- Charges are pending after an incident of retail theft at Grice Gun Shop.
- Police unlocked a vehicle along River Road for the owner.
- Police responded to Park Place Drive for an odor of fuel. The fire department also responded to the scene.
- Police assisted with a fire at the Clearfield Bowling Lanes on West Second Avenue.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with a disturbance at the Lawrence Park Village.
- Police assisted Clearfield Emergency Medical Services with an intoxicated male who was possibly in cardiac arrest. The male was found to be breathing and alert upon police arrival.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft on Washington Avenue.
- Police assisted emergency personnel on Turnpike Avenue.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment by communications.
- Police received a report about an incident of criminal trespass on Valley View Drive.
- Police assisted with a vehicle lockout at Lowe’s.
- Police received a report about a missing juvenile. The juvenile was located and found to be OK.
- Police were contacted with questions about a Protection from Abuse order.
- Police responded to a disturbance at Quigley’s Pub. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police responded to a noise complaint on Hill Street.
- Police responded for a suspicious person at McDonalds. Upon arrival police found a juvenile who was from out-of-state and without transportation. The male was transported to a juvenile shelter.
- Police responded to a report for an intoxicated male and a disturbance at the Lawrence Park Village. Upon police arrival, the male was arrested and placed in the Clearfield County Jail. In addition, a female was placed in the CCJ. Both are facing charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- Police received a report about an unwanted male at an area residence. However, police determined it was a civil landlord/tenant dispute.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity that occurred on South Second Street on Saturday. However, police received the report the next day and were unable to locate anything at that time.
- Police assisted a motorist with a disabled vehicle on Mount Zion.
- Police received a report about a minor accident after which the operator of a vehicle left the scene. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- Police responded to a report about a suspicious vehicle at the Lawrence Township Recreational Park. The person left the area upon the request of police.