State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft/criminal trespass occurred sometime Dec. 5-6 on private property off of Gillingham and Ridge roads in Girard Township. During the incident, someone entered the Fork Ridge Ranch and removed a camouflage hunting blind and four camouflage folding chairs valued at $295. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- A domestic incident/harassment occurred Nov. 20 at a Walnut Street residence in Gulich Township. During the incident, a Smithmill man and the victim engaged in an argument during which he allegedly shoved her and caused her to fall. The victim struck her head and shoulder against the wall; however, she didn’t report any injuries to state police. The man was charged for harassment through the district court.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Monday on the Lumber City Highway when the operator of a vehicle was traveling southbound on an uphill grade. The operator encountered ice on the roadway and applied her brakes. She slid off the roadway into a ditch and subsequently struck an embankment. Her vehicle sustained minor damage. The operator had her vehicle pulled from the ditch, and she was able to drive from the scene.
- On Sunday, a 49-year-old Beccaria man was stopped for several traffic violations on Clinton Street in Bigler Township. During the stop, state police discovered the man was impaired by a combination of alcohol and a controlled substance. Additionally, state police also found drug paraphernalia on the man during the traffic stop. The man was arrested at the scene for possession of drug paraphernalia and DUI. Charges were filed through the district court.
- An incident of theft occurred sometime between Nov. 29 and Monday on Thompson Street in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, someone stole 65, dollar bills, which ranged from $2 to $100 and with an estimated value of $2,300. Additionally, they stole a silver rose anniversary coin valued at $30. The incident remains under investigation, and anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- Police responded to the Clearfield Hospital for a reported stolen vehicle. The vehicle was located in the parking lot; it had only been misplaced.
- Police received a report about a suspicious group of individuals who were going door-to-door and asking to look at utility bills.
- Police responded to East End for a report about an elderly male who was looking for a place to stay.
- Police received a complaint about a known female who was harassing another via text messages. The female was advised that she’d be arrested for her conduct.
- Police responded to an East Pine Street residence for an unwanted female. The female left prior to police arrival.
- Police took Ethan Stiner into custody at a Dorey Street address. He was wanted for escape after he fled from police during a traffic stop on Daisy Street on Nov. 21. Stiner will be arraigned later today.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted at a residence in Hyde.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist in Hyde.
- Police received a report about a damaged motor vehicle.
- Police received a report about the theft of a purse from a vehicle on Supercenter Drive.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity on Bloom Road.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment at an area school.
- Police received a report about a traffic violation on state Route 879.
- Police received a report about an alarm at an area business on Airport Road. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Police reported a hit-and-run accident that occurred Monday at the intersection of State Street and Bloomington Avenue. The operator of a Toyota Tacoma failed to stop and struck another vehicle. Additionally, the operator failed to stop and continued eastbound on State Street. Police obtained the registration information for the Tacoma, and the accident remains under investigation.