State police at Clearfield
- An incident of forgery/theft occurred sometime between Oct. 4 and Oct. 23 in Ferguson Township. During the incident, a known person took a check that belonged to the victim. Then, they forged the victim’s signature and an amount of money to be issued with the intent to defraud the victim. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Tuesday on the Morrisdale-Allport Highway in Morris Township. Terry L. Miles of Lanse was traveling north while another vehicle was traveling west and failed to stop at the intersection with state Route 1009. The vehicle subsequently struck that operated by Miles. Upon impact Miles stopped on the right berm; the operator of the other vehicle fled southbound. Miles didn’t sustain any injuries and was wearing his seatbelt. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of DUI occurred Monday on River Road west of SR 879 in Lawrence Township. During the incident, a 46-year-old Curwensville man was stopped for traveling northbound in the southbound lane. State police determined the man was intoxicated and under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested and transported to the Clearfield barracks for testing and processing. DUI and related charges will be filed through the district court.
State police at DuBois
- Taylor B. Malone of Punxsutawney has been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon, underage drinking and summary traffic offenses. On Sept. 29, he was found with a set of brass knuckles during an accident investigation.
State police at Philipsburg
- No injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident Wednesday on the Port Matilda Highway in Rush Township. Brady Mulhollem of Clearfield and Victoria Curtin of Morrisdale were traveling eastbound when Curtin had slowed down for traffic. However, Mulhollem failed to observe Curtin slowing down due to direct sunlight affecting his visibility. He subsequently rear-ended the Curtin vehicle. Both Mulhollem and Curtin were wearing their seatbelts. Mulhollem was cited for the accident.
- Police received a report from a resident about a scam. The victim was selling items online when he received a call from an interested buyer. The interested buyer sent a check for more than the amount of the purchase. The victim was asked to cash the check and send the remainder of the money to a different state than the interested buyer.
- Police assisted a Clearfield woman in locating her purse after she lost it downtown.
- Police are investigating an incident of harassment by communications. Further, a 49-year-old Clearfield woman called another woman who didn’t want to be contacted by her.
- Police investigated a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of South Fourth and East Locust streets. Further, a 38-year-old Clearfield man was traveling on East Locust Street and failed to stop at the intersection with Fourth Street. The man traveled into the intersection and struck a vehicle operated by a 34-year-old Clearfield woman. No injuries were reported; towing wasn’t required as a result of the accident.
- Police are investigating a hit-and-run accident that occurred on Daisy Street Extension.
- Police reported an incident of retail theft at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.
- Police responded to an alarm at a business along SR 879. Upon arrival police checked the building and found everything to be OK.
- Police received a report about medication that was found at Sheetz on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway.