State police at Clearfield
- An alcohol-related accident occurred Tuesday at the intersection of state Route 53 and Clinton Street in Bigler Township. Further, a Mahaffey man failed to stop for a vehicle driven by Patricia Aaron of Houtzdale, who was turning left. The man rear-ended the Aaron vehicle. Aaron sustained injuries and was transported to the Clearfield Hospital. In addition, the man was found to be intoxicated and extremely uncooperative. He was transported to the Clearfield County Jail, and charges will be filed through the district court.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred Tuesday on the Philipsburg – Bigler Highway in Boggs Township. Rebecca Dush of Philipsburg was traveling westbound and negotiating a left-hand curve in the roadway. Her vehicle began to slide due to its speed and roadway conditions. As a result, her vehicle exited off the right berm, at which point she applied her brakes and traveled into the oncoming lane. She continued to apply her brakes and counter-steered her vehicle toward the right. The Dush vehicle slid off the roadway and into the guiderail at the intersection with Arc Road before coming to a rest.
State police at DuBois
- On Oct. 12, Rex Elroy Nelson, 58, a Megan’s Law offender left Just for Jesus Ministries. He then failed to register a new address within 48 hours. Nelson was located in Sarasota, Fla.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of propulsion of missiles occurred Nov. 24 on state Route 3040 in Huston Township. During the incident, the victim was traveling northbound and passed Silverdale Road prior to Weller’s Garage. At that point, someone threw an object toward the roadway from the east berm, and it struck the passenger’s side door of the victim’s PennDOT utility truck. The object then bounced off and struck the front of the utility bed, which caused dents/scratches.
- An incident of burglary occurred Monday in the 300 block of Walker Street in Rush Township. During the incident, someone forced entry into the victim’s residence and removed $100 in cash. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Ridgway
- No injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident Tuesday on the Million Dollar Highway in Fox Township. Crystal Ginther of Weedville was attempting to pass another vehicle near Resch Road. At the time, Tate Sayers of DuBois pulled out of Resch Road and into the path of the Ginther vehicle. Ginther attempted to avoid striking the Sayers vehicle with negative results.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist on Nichols Street.
- Police responded to the Clearfield County Courthouse for a domestic dispute. Further, a 22-year-old Clearfield woman engaged in a verbal argument with her ex-husband over child support. The woman allegedly grabbed and crumpled paperwork that the man had in his possession. Courthouse security intervened and contacted police. The Clearfield County Sheriff’s Department assisted at the scene.
- Police are investigating an incident of access device fraud. Further, a known male used the victim’s debit card without permission and made more than $1,000 worth of purchases.
- Police received a report about a disorderly student at an area school.
- Police checked the welfare of an elderly woman at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.
- Police received a report about a minor accident on Weaver Street Extension.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist at Lowe’s.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist at Sheetz.
- Police received a report about an incident of fraud.
- Police were requested to assist emergency personnel on Valley View Drive. However, police were canceled while en route.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on the Clearfield – Glen Richey Highway.
- Police assisted another agency on Robinson Avenue.
- Police responded to a disturbance on Valley View Drive; one person who was wanted was taken to the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police assisted with a vehicle lockout at the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop.
- Police responded to an alarm at the Discovery House. Upon arrival police found the building secured.
- On Tuesday, police responded to a Filbert Street residence, where a male reportedly wanted to harm himself. Upon arrival police found the male in need of medical attention, and he was transported to the Clearfield Hospital.
- The theft of a cellular phone was reported to police on Tuesday.
- Police received a report about a bad check that was passed at a State Street business in August.
- Police responded to the Curwensville Commons Tuesday for an alleged assault. The incident involved a firearm, and the investigation is continuing at this time.
- On Tuesday, a patient became unruly at the DuBois Regional Medical Center – West. Police assisted at the scene; no charges will be filed for the incident.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred Tuesday in the first block of South Brady Street. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident; both vehicles sustained minor damage.