State police at Philipsburg
- No injuries were reported after a vehicle caught fire Thursday on Skytop Mountain Road in Huston Township. Melissa A. Corle of Tyrone was traveling eastbound when her vehicle started to smoke. She pulled onto the south berm after which her vehicle caught fire in its engine compartment. Corle exited her vehicle and wasn’t injured; she was wearing her seatbelt. State police were assisted at the scene by the Port Matilda Fire Company and towing services.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment.
- Police received a report about a psychological emergency.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway.
- Police received a report about a bank alarm on Industrial Park Road.
- Police received a report about a lost dog in the Mount Joy area. The dog was located and returned to its owner.
- Police received a report about an alleged assault. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police assisted a motorist on state Route 879.
- Police received a report about loitering and prowling at a residence in Country Club. However, police couldn’t locate any evidence of someone being around the residence.
- Police responded to the Smoke House on Friday for an unwanted person. The person left prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about people who were sled riding on George Street on Friday. Upon arrival police reminded them that it was dangerous.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications on Tuesday.
- A man who was reading gas meters pulled into the driveway of a South State Street residence on Monday. He was subsequently threatened by the renter for being in the driveway.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Monday in the 300 block of South Brady Street. Further, a parked vehicle was struck by another vehicle that’s believed to be a sports utility vehicle or pick-up truck.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Monday in the Giant Eagle parking lot on North Main Street. The operator of a small, white SUV backed out of a parking stall land into another vehicle. The female operator spoke with the owner of the vehicle but didn’t provide any information. She then fled out of the parking lot. The female’s vehicle has damage to the rear driver’s side bumper and tail light.