WEST DECATUR – The Central Intermediate Unit No. 10 2013-2017 comprehensive plan was unanimously approved at its monthly board meeting. The updated comprehensive plan is a road map to creating a workplace culture of entrepreneurism where all employees are empowered to be innovative and to share service and product development ideas.
The plan is aimed at identifying new customers in the business and industry sectors while strengthening education services to its current customers. The CIU No. 10 currently serves school districts, charter schools and non-public schools in Clearfield and Centre counties. Detailed information about the CIU No. 10’s 2013-2017 comprehensive plan and the overall agency can be found at www.ciu10.org.
Other highlights include that the board:
- Approved an agreement with Clarion University of Pennsylvania to place speech pathology interns and externs at CIU No. 10 sites.
- Approved an agreement to provide a full-time learning support teacher, a part-time speech and language teacher and a special education supervisor to Young Scholars of Central Pennsylvania Charter School for the 2013-14 school year.
- Reported that State College, Philipsburg-Osceola, Moshannon Valley, Harmony, Bellefonte and Bald Eagle Area School Districts are pilot districts for Pennsylvania Department of Education’s (PDE) Student Learning Objectives initiative as part of the mandatory implementation of the Educator Effectiveness System. CIU No. 10 will provide training to the pilot districts on Oct. 29.
- Reported that Harmony and Philipsburg-Osceola Area School Districts have requested support from the CIU No. 10 Continuous School Improvement Department in mapping their curricula using the free mapping tool on the PDE site. Harmony will be working with English Language Arts and Mathematics. Philipsburg-Osceola will begin mapping training for district administrators and department chairs.
- Scheduled the next board of directors meeting for 6 p.m. Nov. 26 in West Decatur.