ST. MARYS – A fire has been ruled accidental after igniting due to an electrical issue and damaging a St. Marys residence at 326 Walnut St. at 2:41 p.m. Sunday, according to the state police at Ridgway.
The Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal, the St. Marys City police and the Crystal Fire Department investigated the fire. The fire damaged a two-story, wooden-framed residence and originated in the attic area, state police said.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and resulted from an electrical issue with a surge protector/power strip, state police said. Damage is estimated at $60,000.
The victim was identified by state police as Laurie Richmond of St. Marys. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.