Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (4E) – The death toll from MERS virus rose to 41 after another man in Saudi Arabia died from the SARS-like virus, the government said on Sunday.
The Health Ministry, on its website, said that the 51-year-old man, who wad diagnosed with MERS, also had cancer and other chronic diseases. He had died at a Riyadh hospital last week.
The ministry added that they had registered two new cases of infection in the southwestern region of Asir. One of them is a 31-year-old man, who is also suffering from other chronic illnesses, while the other case was in contact with an infected person. He is 55.
The MERS has worst hit Saudi Arabia where so far 41 people have lost their lives out of global figure of 47.