- An incident of harassment occurred at approximately 12 p.m. Friday at the Philipsburg Junior High School. A physical altercation occurred between two girls in the school’s cafeteria. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday at the Auto Body Outlet in Philipsburg. Someone entered and removed several items before fleeing the scene. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Philipsburg-based state police at 814-342-3370.
- Moderate injuries were reported following a single-vehicle accident at 11:29 a.m. Saturday on the Port Matilda Highway in Rush Township. Ariel E. Welch-Selfridge, 24, of Philipsburg was traveling eastbound on a straight section of the roadway. She lost control and traveled off the right berm, where her vehicle struck a tree stump, overturned and struck another tree stump. Welch-Selfridge was wearing her seatbelt at the time of the accident. She sustained moderate injuries and was transported to the Mount Nittany Medical Center. She’ll be cited for driving too fast for conditions. State police were assisted by the Philipsburg Fire Department and Moshannon Valley EMS.
- An incident of retail theft occurred at 12:45 a.m. Friday at the Sheetz store in Decatur Township. A 20-year-old Philipsburg woman allegedly concealed candy items in her coat pocket. She then left the store without paying for the items. Charges of retail theft have been filed through the district court.
- An incident of theft/forgery occurred between July 23, 2012 and July 25, 2012 on Lochlomond Road in Rush Township. A 34-year-old Philipsburg man obtained mail addressed to an Osceola Mills woman. He opened the mail, which contained a check issued to her. The man allegedly signed her name to the check and cashed it.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident at 3:05 p.m. Saturday on state Route 970 in Rush Township. Bruce R. Hughes, 59, of Osceola Mills was traveling southbound and too fast for road conditions. His vehicle left the west berm of the roadway and came to a rest against a tree. The Hughes vehicle sustained disabling damage and was towed from the scene. Hughes was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident. He’ll be cited for the accident.