Historical Luncheon to Focus on Local Women’s History
March is Women’s History Month and the DuBois Area Historical Society will carry that theme into its luncheon at 12 p.m. March 9 at the Senior Center in DuBois.
The program “Women’s Contribution to Local History” will feature performers portraying DuBois area luminaries including a philanthropist, teacher, lumberman’s wife, religious leader, pilot, pioneer, trapper’s wife and murderer. Local women will perform all of the roles.
Cost for the luncheon, which will include Italian Wedding Soup from Luigi’s Ristorante and sandwiches from Subway, is $10. Reservations are due by March 1.
Send reservations and checks made payable to the DuBois Area Historical Society to P. O. Box 401, DuBois, Pa., or call 814-371-9006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming DuBois Area Historical activities include:
- April 14 – Luigi’s Ristorante in DuBois has agreed to host a DuBois Area Historical Society fundraiser, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Luigi’s will donate a percentage of the day’s profits to the Society.
- April 16 – Galen Kilmer, “DuBois Area High School Local History Projects,” 7 p.m., E. D. Reitz Museum, 30 W. Long Ave., DuBois. Free and open to the public.
- May 22 – Fundraiser with Italian Oven, DuBois.
- May 18 – Fifth Annual Spring Walk, Helvetia, led by Bill Allenbaugh beginning at 10 a.m.
- June 12-14 – Fundraiser with Pizza Hut, DuBois.
- July 19-21 – Fundraiser with Ruby Tuesday, DuBois.
- Aug. 23 – Fundraiser with Hoss’s Steak and Sea House, DuBois.
Fall will bring more programs still in the planning stages including:
- September – The 31st Annual DuBois Area Historical Society Dinner; location, time, and menu to be announced. The guest speaker is Paul Sekula, who will talk about “Historical Signs.”
- October – Sixth Annual Spirit of DuBois Lantern Walk, “125th Anniversary of the Great Fire of 1888.” It’s tentatively scheduled for Oct. 12, but further details will be announced later.
- Oct. 18 – Fundraiser with Italian Oven, DuBois.
- Nov. 15-17 – Fundraiser with Ruby Tuesday, DuBois.
- Dec. 19 – Fundraiser with Hoss’s Steak and Sea House, DuBois.