Two Accused of Giving Boys “Fake Weed” Waive Hearings

CLEARFIELD – A man accused of giving two boys “fake weed” and their mother who allegedly allowed them to smoke it waived their rights to preliminary hearings during Centralized Court Wednesday at the Clearfield County Jail.

Dustin Edward Houston, 27, of Clearfield is facing charges of criminal solicitation; corruption of minors; endangering the welfare of children; and disorderly conduct. His bail has been set at $25,000 unsecured.

Gladys Irene Wilkinson, 43, of Winburne has been charged with corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of children and disorderly conduct. Her bail has been set at $10,000 monetary.

According to the affidavit of probable cause, on Dec. 29, 2011, Morris-Cooper Regional police were dispatched to a drug violation on Empire Road in Hawk Run. Upon arrival police met with the father of two boys, a 16-year-old and a 9-year-old. The younger boy was sleeping on the couch with a container beside him since he was sick. The older boy was sitting in a chair with blood shot eyes and “staring off into space.”

The boys’ father told police he’d arrived home at approximately 3:15 p.m. Neither boy was inside the residence. He went outside and called for them, and after about five minutes, his oldest boy came around the residence. The father told police he could tell his boy was impaired, and he questioned him about it several times.

The father said the boy eventually admitted that he and his younger brother were “smoking fake weed,” and his mother, Wilkinson, and Houston had given it to them.  When asked, the boy told his father his younger brother was still with their mother and Houston. The father then called the boys’ grandfather and asked him to come to the residence, as the boys were “under the influence of something.”

The father used his boy’s cell phone to call Houston, asking him to bring his younger boy back to the residence. He also asked Houston, “What kind of stuff did you give to the kids?” When Houston brought the boy back, the older boy went outside to get his brother and had to carry him inside.

When the boys’ grandfather arrived, he went to Houston’s vehicle and asked him who he was. Houston said he’d brought Wilkinson up to see the boys. The grandfather told police that he also observed the boys “under the influence of something.” The grandfather advised Houston to stay at the residence, as the police were on their way. Houston replied that he was on probation and then left.

Police advised the boys’ father to take them to the hospital for an evaluation. On the night of the alleged incident, police attempted to locate both Houston and Wilkinson but were not able to do so.

The next evening, police returned to speak with the boys’ father and the two boys. The older boy told police that he’d received a text message from Houston, who directed him to meet his mother down by the railroad tracks. He said he and his younger brother met Houston and Wilkinson. His brother had entered Houston’s Blazer.

The older boy told police that Houston asked them if “they wanted to take a hit.” Houston had a multi-colored glass pipe. He told Houston, “no;” however, Houston talked him into taking one.  He explained that Houston opened a small, clear plastic bag with a green, leafy plant substance and put it in the glass pipe before handing it to him. The older boy admitted to smoking it.

At that point, he told his younger brother they had to go home. He started walking home before going back for his brother. When he returned to Houston’s Blazer, his younger brother was throwing up in the back seat. Houston said he would take the boy home.

When asked by police, the older boy said his mother, Wilkinson, was in the passenger’s seat of Houston’s vehicle. When asked, he said she’d allowed them to smoke the contents of the glass pipe. When asked, the older boy said his mother neither told him not to smoke it nor said anything when Houston handed him the glass pipe.

After returning home, the older boy told police his father asked about his whereabouts and “what he was on.” Because his father kept questioning him, he explained what had occurred.  When Houston arrived, the older boy said he had to carry his younger brother inside.

When asked by police, the younger boy said he followed his older brother to meet their mother and Houston. He said Houston handed them an “all-colored” pipe, and he took three hits. Afterward he said his brother told him they had to go home. The younger boy said his brother started walking before coming back and saying “let’s go.” He told police that’s all he could remember.

In January of 2012, police spoke with Wilkinson, who denied she was present during the alleged incident. She said she wouldn’t give her children anything to smoke. Police told Wilkinson that both boys said she was present, and their grandfather observed her walking up Empire Road. Wilkinson told police she wasn’t there, and both the boys’ father and grandfather were lying, because “they’re out to get me.”

WJAC-TV: Philipsburg Man Faces Federal Sentencing for Cross-burning
Corbett: Pennsylvania Manufacturer to Expand, Create Jobs in Blair County

Leave a Reply