Police Report: Sandy Township
- A 74-year-old DuBois man hit a pole in the Wal-Mart parking lot on Friday, causing moderate damage to his vehicle.
- On Friday, someone broke into a Pepsi machine at Save A Lot and took approximately $500.
- A vehicle driven by a 31-year-old Dubois man failed to stop in time to avoid hitting a vehicle driven by a 69-year-old DuBois woman that was stopped at the light at Industrial Drive and Bee Line Highway on Friday. No injuries were reported, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- On Friday, a 63-year-old Scranton man got unruly with employees of the Hampton Inn because of the cost of a room. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- On Friday, a 29-year-old DuBois woman failed to see a vehicle driven by a 53-year-old Dubois man stopped in traffic and was unable to avoid hitting it. No injuries and moderate damage were reported.
- TESI employees turned over two dogs that they had found running around in the area of Seals Cay Road in Treasure Lake on Friday.
- On Saturday, employees of We’re Rolling Pretzel Co. in the DuBois Mall reported that someone got into the store and took the cash drawer that had $114.76 in it. The subject is described as a Caucasian male who is 18-22 years of age with brown hair. He was wearing a dirty tan jacket. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- A 31-year-old DuBois man reported that he left his vehicle parked in the Isabella’s parking lot overnight and when he returned to pick it up on Saturday, he noticed that someone had it. The suspect left the scene and did not leave any contact information.
- On Saturday, a tractor-trailer driven by a 34-year-old Minnesota man pulled out of the Interstate 80 off ramp into the path of a vehicle driven by a 25-year-old Ridgway man, causing the two to collide. The Ridgway man and his passenger were transported to the DuBois Regional Medical Center for treatment of injuries.
- Police received a report about a vehicle being driven erratically on the Bee Line Highway. The operator was located in the Ruby Tuesdays parking lot. Upon officers speaking with the driver, a 28-year-old DuBois man, he appeared to be impaired. He failed field sobriety testing and was taken into custody. He was transported to DRMC for a legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending.
- On Sunday, a 69-year-old Rochester, NY man attempted to pass a snow plow that was turning left on to Kilmer Road and hit the truck, causing severe damage to his truck and moderate damage to the rear of the snow plow. The New York man’s passenger sustained moderate injuries and was taken to DRMC for treatment.
- A false alarm occurred Sunday at Bon Ton.
- On Sunday, someone in a black vehicle slid off the road on Merris Avenue and destroyed several mailboxes before fleeing the scene.
- On Sunday, a Clear Run Road man reported someone broke into his garage and took a battery from his Honda Rancher 400, and caused severe damage in the process.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?