Police Report: Sandy Township
- A 48-year-old DuBois man lost control of his vehicle Friday on Oklahoma Salem Road, causing it to spin around and hit a curb. Then, it hit a pole coming to rest in a yard. Minor injuries were reported, and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- On Friday, police responded to Clearfield Jefferson Mental Health on Coldwell Drive for a patient who had become violent with staff. The 23-year-old Clearfield woman was escorted from the facility by officers and transported to the DuBois Regional Medical Center for evaluation.
- On Friday, a bartender at the Sandy Club reported a 30-year-old man and a 39-year-old man, both of DuBois, engaged in a fight after playing a cornhole game. When they wouldn’t leave the club, the bartender called police. The two men were gone upon police arrival.
- A 22-year-old woman and 24-year-old man, both of Emporium, were observed by Wal-Mart employees attempting to take several items from the store without paying for them on Saturday. Charges are to be filed.
- A false alarm occurred Saturday at PNC Bank.
- A DuBois woman reported she lost her purse at the intersection of Shaffer Road and Maple Avenue on Saturday.
- A 67-year-old Reynoldsville man hit a deer while traveling Saturday on Blinker Parkway, causing minor damage to his vehicle.
- A 56-year-old Gardner, MA man lost control of his vehicle Saturday on Gamelands Road, causing it to exit the roadway and strike a tree head-on. No injuries were reported, and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- On Saturday, an employee of DuBois Village reported someone took cash and cigarettes from her purse that was in the break room. The investigation is continuing.
- A 20-year-old DuBois man lost control of his vehicle Saturday on Rockton Road, causing it to end up in a ditch. The man failed field sobriety testing and was taken to DRMC for a legal blood draw. Charges are pending.
- On Sunday, an owner of a logging company reported someone took two truckloads of lumber from a job site on Showers Road. The investigation is continuing.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?