Police Report: Sandy Township
- A Juniata Street resident reported that his English Bull Dog ran away on Friday.
- A Maple Avenue resident reported receiving a phone call from a man who was claiming to be their grandson on Friday. The man was requesting money; however, he hung up when the resident began asking personal questions.
- A 23-year-old DuBois woman was observed by Wal-Mart employees attempting to take $209.72 worth of DVD’s without paying for them on Friday. Charges have been filed.
- On Saturday, charges were filed against Franklin Reed, 30, of Altoona for felony counts of retail theft. Reed was allegedly observed by Wal-Mart employees taking a total of five computers on two, different occasions from the store without paying for them. The second time, he was stopped by employees and taken into custody and charged by police. Another Caucasian male was seen taking computers with Reed and has not yet been located. The investigation is continuing.
- On Saturday, a 29-year-old Penfield man was stopped by police after they observed suspicious driving behavior. He failed field sobriety testing and was taken to the DuBois Regional Medical Center for a legal blood draw. Charges are pending.
- A 34-year-old Hanes Drive woman reported an unwanted person in her home on Saturday. Upon arrival the male was gone.
- A false alarm occurred Saturday at S&T Bank.
- A vehicle driven by a 20-year-old Homer City woman failed to stop in time to avoid hitting a vehicle driven by 28-year-old Wyoming man that was stopped Saturday at the intersection of Industrial Drive and Bee Line Highway. No injuries and minor damage were reported.
- A Lincoln Drive resident reported that someone shot out a window in his home Sunday with a BB gun. The investigation is continuing.
- A false alarm occurred Sunday at Bon Ton.
- An 11-year-old girl was allegedly punched several times in the face by an unknown boy while at a birthday party on Sunday. The investigation is continuing at this time.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?