Police Report: Sandy Township
- A caller contacted 911 about a man who was allegedly walking into the DuBois Mall with what appeared to be a gun tucked in his pants. Police responded to the mall and located the man who was sitting at a table in a store. The 21-year-old DuBois man was detained and searched. It was found the firearm was actually a lighter that looked like a gun. He also had several other lighters and two small knives. Several charges are currently pending.
- On Friday, a 32-year-old Smicksburg woman reported that while she was walking in the Blinker Sheetz parking lot, a gray van was backing out of the handicapped space and struck her. The van was operated by a Caucasian male who was in his 20s. He apologized to her before leaving the scene without exchanging information with the victim. Minor injuries were reported, and the investigation is continuing.
- A Treasure Lake man reported three men who were wearing all camouflage and carrying a crossbow and rifles shot a deer in his back yard on Friday.
- Employees of Your Jewelry Box in the DuBois Plaza reported that two known customers took rings and watches valued at approximately $850 without paying for them on Friday. Charges are currently pending.
- On Friday, employees of Gold Buyers in the Sandy Plaza reported that a known man came into the store to exchange jewelry for cash that was known to be taken from a jeweler in Brookville. The investigation is continuing.
- An unknown man attempted to take two 50-inch flat screen TV’s from Wal-Mart on Friday. When he was confronted by store security, the man allegedly became violent with the loss prevention officer, punching and shoving him. The man is in his 40’s or 50’s, stands approximately 6 feet, 3 inches tall and weighs 250-plus pounds. He was dressed in a yellow T-shirt and blue jeans with a mustache. He fled the scene and got into a vehicle near Red Lobster. The investigation is continuing. Police are asking for assistance from the public to apprehend this man. If you have any information regarding this investigation please call 1-800-689-3535 to speak to an officer.
- A vehicle driven by a Rockton woman hit another vehicle driven by a Johnsonburg woman while pulling from a parking space Friday in the Burger King parking lot. Minor damage and no injuries were reported.
- Officers responded to a domestic disturbance Friday at a South Brady Street residence. Upon arrival officers found a small party. Two of the guests were intoxicated and engaged in a minor verbal dispute. The situation was handled without incident.
- On Saturday, Treasure Lake Security reported that someone caused damage to the median and at the Lake View Lodge.
- A 21-year-old DuBois man was cited for public drunkenness on Saturday outside the Friendly Tavern.
- Officers investigated an abandoned vehicle Saturday on Kilmer Road. The vehicle was stolen from Punxsutawney.
- On Saturday, a man reported that someone took the eye out of the satellite dish at his camp in Cayman Landing.
- A 45-year-old Church Street man reported that the brakes went out on the vehicle while he was driving on Saturday. This caused him to travel across Tozier Avenue and strike a parked truck. He then traveled through a yard and came to rest against a tree. No injuries were reported. His vehicle was towed from the scene.
- On Sunday, a Wilson Avenue resident reported that someone broke into their house and took several items, including some recently filled prescription medication. Several rooms were ransacked and cash, electronics and the medications were missing. Residents were home at the time of the burglary. The investigation is continuing.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?