Police Report: Sandy Township
- An alarm occurred Monday at a Treasure Lake residence. Upon arrival Treasure Lake Security advised a window had been broken out of an empty residence. Police subsequently searched the residence, and no one was found inside. In addition, there didn’t appear to be anything disturbed. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- A Cardinal Drive resident reported Monday that someone ripped the screen off a storm door and pried its trim to gain entry to his residence. There wasn’t anything reported missing.
- A 25-year-old woman was traveling Tuesday on Kilmer Road when she lost control of her vehicle after it started to slide. Her vehicle then struck an embankment and overturned completely before coming to rest in an upright position. The driver and a 26-year-old passenger were transported to the DuBois Regional Medical Center.
- A 54-year-old DuBois woman lost control of her vehicle Tuesday on Oklahoma Salem Road when she hit a patch of ice. Her vehicle then struck a curb and guiderail, causing two tires to blow out. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident, and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- A Salada Road woman reported Tuesday that a suspicious man had knocked on her door and asked for directions. He then went to her mother’s residence and asked again. Upon police arrival, the man was located in the middle of the road and reported he’d engaged in a physical altercation with his father while traveling with him. The man had jumped from the car. He appeared to be intoxicated and was transported to the DuBois Regional Hospital for treatment. Police determined the man had a warrant out for his arrest, and his custody was turned over to the sheriff’s department.
- A Hungry Hollow Road woman reported Tuesday that an unknown man came to her residence. He was banging on her front and back doors and screaming; she couldn’t understand him. The man was gone prior to the woman reporting the incident.
- A 39-year-old White Pine Road woman lost control of her vehicle Tuesday on Kiwanis Trail, causing it to slide off the roadway and damage landscaping. No injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- A commercial vehicle became stuck in a ditch Tuesday on Game Lands Road and was towed from the scene.
- A false alarm occurred Tuesday at a Treasure Lake residence.
- A 17-year-old Grampian girl, an employee at TJ Maxx, was observed removing items from the store without paying for them. Charges are to be filed.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?