Thanksgiving eve Maryland blaze linked to turkey cooking

Raquel Erhard – Fourth Estate Cooperative Contributor

Laurel, MD, United States (4E) – A fire in Laurel, Maryland believed caused during a preparation for Thanksgiving’s turkey dinner has destroyed a home early Thursday morning.

According to officials, fire crews responded to reports of massive fire in a two-story single-family home along Prince George’s Street and found the back of Clyde Austin’s house engulfed by the blaze.

Austin said his daughter was trying to smoke a turkey on their deck late Wednesday night.

Authorities confirmed the flames immediately reached the rear of the home.

The family of three was able to get out through the front door but their home was extensively damaged by smoke and water, and it may take months before they can return.

Article © AHN – All Rights Reserved
About the Author

Leave a Reply