Brad Keselowski to abide by NASCAR’s cellphone ban
Charlotte, NC, United States (4E Sports) – Brad Keselowski will not break NASCAR’s rule on cell phone prohibition on Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR fined Brad Keselowski $25,000 and placed him on probation for possessing a cell phone in his car in last week’s Phoenix International.
He tweeted during a red flag stoppage after Juan Pablo Montoya ran into a jet dryer and ignited a huge blaze.
NASCAR does not allow celphones or computer like devices inside cars because teams could use it to create a traction control system or to send real-time data to the crew.
In February, NASCAR said Keselowski did not violate rules when he tweeted a photo in the Daytona 500. But the regulating body has changed that interpretation soon, said spokesman Kerry Tharp.
“I’m confused a lot,” Keselowski said about the rule.
Keselowski likes to have his phone to be able to communicate with his family in the event of an accident.
“I do feel naked when I don’t have my phone,” Keselowski said.
Crew chief Paul Wolfe said he will have to remind his driver not to have the phone with him in the car.
“We get so involved in worrying about how to make the racecar go around the track that, obviously, Brad’s cell phone is not on my mind a whole lot,” said Wolfe.