Jerramy Stevens, Hope Solo wed despite reported fight

Fitzgerald Cecilio – 4E Sports Reporter

Snohomish, WA, United States (4E Sports) – A day after making headlines for fighting, former Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens and US women’s soccer team goalkeeper Hope Solo pushed through with their wedding Tuesday in a small ceremony.

Only close family and friends were present at the wedding, including alternate US national team goalie Jillian Loyden, who later tweeted “happy to witness such an amazing celebration of real love”.

The wedding was not expected to happen after Jerramy Stevens was arrested for allegedly assaulting Solo Monday before he was released early Tuesday.

Authorities said Kirkland police were dispatched to respond to a fight between eight people during a party.

Officers found a 31-year-old woman with a cut on her elbow, a 32-year-old woman with a hip injury and a 34-year-old man suffering from bumps, scrapes and contusions.

Police arrested Stevens in connection with the injuries suffered by the 31-year-old woman, who was later identified as Solo.

The fight started after two argued over whether to live in Washington or Florida after their marriage.

“This investigation has been forwarded to Kirkland’s Family Violence Unit Detective for further investigation,” police said.

Stevens has had numerous troubles with the law in the past, dating back to high school. As a senior at River Ridge High School in Lacey in 1998, Stevens faced a felony assault charge that was downgraded to a misdemeanor.

As a sophomore at Washington, he was arrested for investigation of sexual assault but never charged. As a junior in 2001, he was cited for reckless driving after crashing into a retirement home and fleeing the scene.

He was arrested for DUI one year after being selected in the first round by the Seattle Seahawks in 2002. He pleaded down to reckless driving.

Stevens was arrested in Arizona in 2007 and later convicted of extreme DUI. His blood-alcohol content was measured at twice the legal limit more than two hours after he was pulled over.

Solo is a former University of Washington soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist.

Article © AHN – All Rights Reserved
About the Author

Leave a Reply