Ex-Seahawk Stevens arrested for alleged assault of Hope Solo

Fitzgerald Cecilio – 4E Sports Reporter

Seattle, WA, United States (4E Sports) – Former Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens was arrested Monday on the eve of his wedding for allegedly assaulting fiancée, US women’s national soccer team goalkeeper Hope Solo.

The 33-year-old Stevens appeared before the Kirkland Municipal Court Tuesday after being accused of striking Solo.

According to police, Kirkland police were dispatched to respond to a fight between eight people during a party.

Officers found a 31-year-old woman with a cut on her elbow, a 32-year-old woman with a hip injury and a 34-year-old man suffering from bumps, scrapes and contusions.

Police arrested Stevens in connection with the injuries suffered by the 31-year-old woman, which was later identified as Solo.

Reports have it that Stevens and Solo, a couple of two months, applied for a marriage license Thursday and were scheduled to get married Tuesday.

However, the two argued over whether to live in Washington or Florida after their marriage, according to court documents.

The judge ordered further investigation in the case and Stevens was released after Tuesday’s hearing.

“This investigation has been forwarded to Kirkland’s Family Violence Unit Detective for further investigation,” police said.

Stevens has had numerous troubles with the law in the past, dating back to high school. As a senior at River Ridge High School in Lacey in 1998, Stevens faced a felony assault charge that was downgraded to a misdemeanor.

As a sophomore at Washington, he was arrested for investigation of sexual assault but never charged. As a junior in 2001, he was cited for reckless driving after crashing into a retirement home and fleeing the scene.

He was arrested for DUI one year after being selected in the first round by the Seattle Seahawks in 2002. He pleaded down to reckless driving.

Stevens was arrested in Arizona in 2007 and later convicted of extreme DUI. His blood-alcohol content was measured at twice the legal limit more than two hours after he was pulled over.

Solo was a former University of Washington soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist.

Article © AHN – All Rights Reserved
About the Author

Leave a Reply