Police Report: Sandy Township
- A 55-year-old DuBois man reported Wednesday that while his tractor-trailer was parked at Pilot, someone struck it, causing moderate damage to the trailer.
- A Newell Road resident found a large, tan-colored dog without any tags Wednesday and turned the dog over to police.
- A 13-year-old Treasure Lake boy was missing from his home Wednesday and police located him hiding in the woods.
- A 16-year-old Treasure Lake boy was at the Treasure Lake Ski Lodge with his family Wednesday when a 21-year-old Sykesville man and his friends began harassing them without any reason. When the boy and his family left, the man followed and started a physical fight with the boy. Bystanders broke up the fight and the boy and his family tried to leave when the man again came after them and hit the boy with a belt. The man was gone upon police arrival. Charges are pending.
- A Sher De Lin Road man reported Thursday that someone was outside his residence shooting a gun. Upon arrival, police located the shooter who was fox hunting.
- A Salada Road resident reported Thursday that they’d observed two all-terrain vehicles that were being driven on the roadway. The ATVs were gone upon police arrival.
- A vehicle driven by a 79-year-old DuBois woman was struck by a truck driven by a 53-year-old New Bethlehem man Wednesday at the intersection of Beaver Drive and Shaffer Road. The woman’s vehicle sustained moderate damage. No injuries were reported.
- A disturbance occurred Thursday at the Country Place, where a 31-year-old Circle Road woman was yelling at and harassing a 38-year-old Circle Road man and his wife. Police spoke to the woman and handled the situation without incident.
- A false alarm occurred Thursday at Pizza Hut.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?