More than 360 Racers Cross the Finish Line in Pumpkin Run/Walk 5K
CLEARFIELD – The second-ever Clearfield Pumpkin Run/Walk 5K saw 363 total finishers during this year’s race Saturday in downtown Clearfield.
Matt Lipsey, 22, crossed the finish line first (16.39). Eric King, 34, was second (16.53). Both are from Clearfield. Ethan Inhoff, 35, of Hollidaysburg was third (18.13).
The race began at the Market Street Bridge and turned right at the Elizabeth and Joseph Shaw Public Library. The course consisted of three loops, which focused around the bridge.
The first was through downtown Clearfield, before it took the participants down Nichols Street and back down Turnpike Avenue. The final loop sent racers toward the Kurtz softball field.
The runners were asked to organize by how fast they intended to run. Signs were held up advertising sections for people who can run a 10-minute mile all the way to the end for those traveling the route with dogs and strollers.
Participants ranged from locally to Perrysburg, OH; Washington, D.C.; and Norfolk, VA.
Top 10 Finishers
- Matt Lipsey, 22, Clearfield, 16:39
- Eric King, 34, Clearfield, 16:53
- Ethan Imhoff, 35, Hollidaysburg, 18:13
- Vince Kovach, 17, Clearfield, 18:22
- John Clark, 17, Morrisdale, 18:59
- Jonathan Sponsler, 15, Clearfield, 19:02
- Kaleb Bennett, 17, Clearfield, 19:14
- Josiah McClarren, 14, Clearfield, 19:33
- Kevin Lingle, 25, Clearfield, 19:33,
- Zach Stephens, 21, Woodland,19:36
Click here to view complete race results.