CENTRE COUNTY – A 44-year-old woman was airlifted to a Pittsburgh Hospital after a fire ignited in a Philipsburg home. The fire occurred Thursday afternoon at 633 E. Pine St. Officials said the woman suffered severe burns.
Investigators said the fire does not appear to be arson, and there wasn’t any immediate word as to the cause.
According to the school district’s Web site, all Philipsburg-Osceola Junior High students were evacuated to the YMCA due to the fire across the street from the school. All students are safe, and they were dismissed from the YMCA at the regularly scheduled time.
The junior high school football and soccer games are postponed, and athletes were dismissed at the regularly scheduled time.
Stay with 6 News, WJACTV.com and WJACTV.com Mobile for continuing coverage.