Police Report: Sandy Township
- A DuBois man reported Friday that he had given a 30-year-old DuBois man cash for checks he had written and the checks were returned from the bank and unable to be cashed.
- A 74-year-old Wayne Road woman reported Friday that she’d been receiving hang-up phone calls from a private line late at night.
- A domestic dispute occurred between a mother and her 42-year-old son Friday at a Platt Road residence. The dispute was verbal in nature and police handled it without incident.
- Police investigated a 911 call Friday that was an open line and dispatchers could hear an adult who was yelling at a child. Upon arrival officers spoke to the 58-year-old man who said the call was accidental and he was yelling at his grandchild who had gone out the back door unattended.
- A 76-year-old Brady Street woman reported Friday that she’d been receiving a scam call from an unknown man with a foreign accent. He was requesting that she go to Wal-Mart and buy a green ticket and wait to be contacted by another man.
- Police responded to a Rockton Road residence for a reported gunshot wound Friday. Upon arrival officers located a 64-year-old man who was conscious and alert with a bullet wound. He admitted it was self-inflicted. The man was transported to the DuBois Regional Medical Center.
- A 19-year-old Bigler woman reported Friday that while stopped at a red light on Shaffer Road, the vehicle in front of her backed up and struck her vehicle. The silver Chevrolet then left the scene. The Bigler woman was able to get the license plate number and police located the driver’s information and filed a citation.
- Wal-Mart employees reported Friday that they have evidence of a 39-year-old Clearfield woman who was taking items without paying for them. It was also a possible refund scam. The incident remains under investigation.
- Wal-Mart employees reported Friday that a 24-year-old Reynoldsville man was taking $39.68 worth of merchandise without paying for it. Charges are pending.
- A 34-year-old Tozier Avenue woman reported Friday that her 43-year-old ex-husband was harassing her by phone. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- An Overdorf Avenue resident reported Saturday he’d found a pair of shoes and pants containing a wallet in his back yard. The owner of the clothing was later located and the items were returned.
- A 70-year-old DuBois woman struck a bear while driving on Bee Line Highway near the interstate ramps on Saturday. The vehicle was damaged in the mishap. No injuries were reported. The bear fled the scene.
- On Sunday, a 36-year-old Clearfield man lost control of his vehicle on Bay Road in Treasure Lake, causing it to overturn onto its side. The man was transported to the DRMC for treatment and a legal blood draw. Charges are pending.
- A 32-year-old Treasure Lake woman reported Sunday that her husband was intoxicated and out of control. Upon arrival the 30-year-old man had fled the scene. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- Treasure Lake Security turned over a lost dog on Sunday. The dog is a lab mix puppy.
- Police received a report about shots being fired Sunday on Basse Tarre Road in Treasure Lake. However, it was fireworks, police said.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?