Police Report: Sandy Township
- A Wilson Avenue woman reported Wednesday that she was being harassed by phone calls and texts from a known 29-year-old Olive Avenue woman. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- Sekula Sign employees reported Wednesday that a man came into the business attempting to sell Steelers apparel. He was asked to leave and returned through a back door at which point he was told to leave again. He apologized and left again in a white Mercury with Ohio tags. The man had a shaved head and was approximately 25 years old. In addition, he was with an older man who had waited in the car. Police searched the area and could not locate the men.
- While driving on Coral Reef Road Wednesday, a 57-year-old Treasure Lake woman had a medical emergency. As a result, it caused her vehicle to travel off the roadway, up an embankment on the golf course before traveling back down and coming to rest after hitting a stump. The driver was transported the DuBois Regional Medical Center, while the passenger was treated at the scene.
- On Wednesday, a Treasure Lake man reported that his 17-year-old son had been harassed and threatened by a 55-year-old Treasure Lake man after an incident in which his son was accused of shooting a BB gun at the man’s mother’s house. The investigation is continuing at this time.
- On Wednesday, a 22-year-old DuBois man lost control of his vehicle on Platt Road, causing it to skid, strike a railroad crossing sign and then a large piece of concrete. The man told police that his passenger was the one driving. Upon investigation police determined that to be false. The investigation is continuing at this time.
- A 31-year-old Pacific Avenue woman has been charged with a noise ordinance violation due to barking dogs.
- A 22-year-old Texas man has been charged with retail theft after being observed by Wal-Mart employees attempting to take a pair of head phones and a men’s jacket without paying for them.
- A 60-year-old Treasure Lake man has been charged with public drunkenness after being observed stumbling at the Towne Center in Treasure Lake. Witnesses took the man’s keys and called police who took him into custody and then released him to family.
- On Thursday, a 52-year-old DuBois man and his 17-year-old son engaged in a dispute in front of the Sandy Club. Police arrived on scene and both stated the dispute was only verbal. The situation was handled without incident.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?